PDA

View Full Version : Image reposting

Zilch
04-10-2005, 08:07 PM
I can't get images from other posts to appear in new ones without re-uploading them and thus wasting space. They show on my "edit" page, but only appear as links in the actual post. :(

Any hints?

e.g. this done with the "insert image" button:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=6583&stc=1

Anybody see the RTA curve?

Don McRitchie
04-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I noticed this a few weeks ago. I've made a post about it on Vbulletin's support forum, but have yet to gain a solution. Out of curiousity, in what forum were the images that you were trying to link to? I tried linking to images in the Project May private forums and I think that the restricted access of those forums is causing the problem.

Zilch
04-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Both the image and the new post are in the "Quick and Dirty 4430's" thread in the Technical forum.

Does the "&stc=1" have anything to do with it, maybe?

Don McRitchie
04-11-2005, 09:25 AM
From what I can gather, the issue is a result of restricting the ability to download images to registered members. vBulletin will not display images that are links to a forum attachment since this would bypass that restriction. I prefer keeping the restriction in place since it has become a great incentive to get the many lurkers to join and become contributors to our forum.

Zilch
04-11-2005, 10:35 AM
That's fine. I'll continue to use links unless it's really, REALLY, important. :D