PDA

View Full Version : A JBL week to remember - Score 1!

mech986
04-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi all,

Have been working on some speaker deals and a couple of local ads popped that caused my curiosity to get the better of me.

First, a couple of Thursdays ago, I spotted an ad online that read

"JBL Reference Speakers for sale - $60, check them out" and there were a pair of smaller bookshelfs pictured, white cone woofer about 8 inch, aluminum dome tweeter with a metal screen, walnut cabinets. On a whim, I emailed even though I was about 1 day late from the posting. To my surpise, the next morning I got an email and call from a nice lady saying these speakers had been with her husband since before they were married, have gone with them for 20 years, and they hadn't been used in about 5 years, still in good shape. Still available, you're the first person I called. :banana:

Needless to say, I said I'll take it!! Checked out one photo to see if the surrounds were ok, they looked good.

Finally was able to pick them up a week later. I really appreciated her willingness to hold them for me while making arrangements...LOL, she asked "you know, since I committed them to you, I've gotten at least 20 calls and emails about these, are they something special??" Thanks Lisa for making my day.

Here they are in my garage, JBL L46's, consumer successor to the L19's (which I have also). A few scratches and gouges to the veneer and one of the woofer surrounds is cracked but for $60 it was still worth it.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mech986/detail_hires?.dir=a048&.dnm=459d.jpg

Bart

johnaec
04-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Very nice!

John

mech986
04-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Can't get my picture to show up even though I loaded up the url in the image box. Is there a limit to the size of the pictures?

Bart

4313B
04-07-2005, 03:24 PM
I think you just have to be me :coolness:

I remember them guys!

Nice score :)

mech986
04-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks Giskard,

Can you do the same for my other thread? Thanks also.

Bart