PDA

View Full Version : Final Project May Audition?

Mr. Widget
04-05-2005, 04:49 PM
As those of you who have been following the progress of Project May know, the current iteration of the test bed system is up and running in a digitally EQ'd triamped configuration and has been auditioned by Bo, Infredible and myself. I would like to invite anyone interested in a brief audition to send me a PM if you are in the San Francisco area and would like to come by one evening this week. Unfortunately the system will not be available for an audition this weekend and it will be disassembled sometime after Friday. I am sorry that I haven't made the system more available to the members of this forum, but other commitments have interfered.

Anyone who heard it previously will be surprised at the subtle and not so subtle changes to the character of these speakers. At this point I believe that I can make them available any evening this week between 7:00PM and Midnight... late night noise isn't much of an issue in the Widget sound bunker. If interested shoot me a PM and we'll see what we can arrange.

Widget

Niklas Nord
04-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Whats the sound like?
Would be interesting to have some of you to tell :) a little about it.

I´m in Sweden, and can not go there.. :blink:

Mr. Widget
04-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Whats the sound like?

What's the sound of one hand clapping?

I guess you'll have to make plans to visit Don at his home when they're finished.:D

In the mean time I'll just say... they sound pretty damned good.

Widget

Niklas Nord
04-06-2005, 02:36 PM
:biting:
What's the sound of one hand clapping? :applaud:

:blink:

Zilch
04-08-2005, 11:20 PM
I am ruined. :p

Whatever that active EQ is doing, it's doing it right. The current performance of Project May is an order of magnitude better than what we heard on two previous occasions, which was already an order of magnitude better than anything I had auditioned before.

Bass is now big, tight, correct. I can't imagine subs adding anything of realistic substance.

Instruments are fully articulated; the resolution is phenominal. Highs and mids are perfectly integrated. The drivers disappear.

Project May stands up well to the test discs I brought for listening, with many cuts that challenge any system to deliver. It clearly disclosed what I suspected all along: Tom Waits is unlistenable.

BRAVO! to the Project May team, and the result of their efforts. :applaud:

4313B
04-09-2005, 12:46 AM
"Whatever that active EQ is doing, it's doing it right."

That's a given... thanks for the report just the same.