PDA

View Full Version : L220 Oracles

Bob B
03-31-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi-bought a pair of these in '86 as a trade in while an AV salesman. Have no paperwork. So I don't even know power handling capacity. Had reconed in '01 (woof & passive), still sound great! Driving w/Mac MC2200, that w/a Sansui 9090dB, use monster cables. Any recommendations on better wire attachment &/or specs? TY:banghead:

Earl K
03-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Hi Bob

- Welcome aboard :)

- Here's a link to another thread (http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2396&highlight=L220) that has a downloadable folder of L220 info .

- I'm in the SR business , where generally, wire is wire, with AWG size being the dominant consideration / so I can't help you on your "wire upgrade" question .

Do yourself a favour and learn to use this sites' search function ( its' smallish button is located above ) . Enter "L220" into the area called "Search by Keyword" & ( if you want ) "Steve Gonzales" ( in the area for "Search by User Name" ) . This type of dual function search will return all sorts of interesting info that is L220 specific. Around here, Steve is the "GodFather" of L220 restoration and customization . Hitch a ride onto one of his threads if you are interested .

PS : ( You don't need to create duplicate threads to get noticed around here )

:cheers:

Mr. Widget
03-31-2005, 03:01 PM
...and don't forget the Library!

http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/jbl/specs/home-speakers/home-speakers.htm

Widget

pmakres1
03-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Hello again,

It seems you posted two versions of this request, see my response to your other post, which includes a spec sheet for the "newer" L220 version (which used the LE-14H Low Frequency driver).

Happy Listening!

Peter

Bob B
03-31-2005, 04:01 PM
TY to all who responded. Those links answerred questions gone unanswerred for almost 20 years. Sorry for 2 postings-new to site, figured general
tech threads would garner more responses. W/r to wire, I'm using 'Monster Cable'(about a 4#, very soft wire-desined for low loss & distortion). Any ideas on changing out binding posts? I'm going to try tinning, but am skeptical due to thickness of cable. I think I paid $150 for these on a trade in. The original owner was getting marrried & bought 2 JBL Titanium bookshelfs-I believe his fiance was behind this-must have been Spring! TY again Bob B:D

Zilch
03-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Use rational wire.