PDA

View Full Version : What a shame!

Ken Pachkowsky
03-27-2005, 11:19 AM
Man, don't you just get sick when you see this happen. What a BS story. Look through his history. He's one of those!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7311276648&fromMakeTrack=true

Ken

dblaxter
03-27-2005, 11:46 AM
hi ,

i know what you mean , the auction for the other parts he states that he has to sell because of a divorce ,maybe he is being honest ,but if he is not why not just state that he busting them up for parts because it will bring more money,and i am not sure but did someone post that there will be L222 parts forsale soon since these were forsale whole but did not sell because of high reserve and buy it now price, we know steve g. is watching and maybe he is close enough to buy and pick up .

Robh3606
03-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Well it's obvious where he's coming from $$$$$$$$$$. There goes a very nice pair of speakers into the void. It won't be the last to be gutted for parts and sold.

Rob:(

R Beardsley
03-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Sometimes idiots like that come in handy for the rest of us. Kind of hurts to see though. I think some of these people should take a "refresher" course in SPELLING - or at least finish the 3rd grade

John
03-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Well Ken Sadly I have seen this before,guys figure they have to make up a sad story to pimp their goods:scold:

tomt
04-01-2005, 01:59 PM
ebay5763721655
and 5763471504

a boy and his hammer

louped garouv
04-01-2005, 02:10 PM
ebay5763721655
and 5763471504

a boy and his hammer

what a looser, needs to be :die:

speakerdave
04-01-2005, 03:08 PM
And then he gets on the world wide web and describes his process!

Of course, "they both work fine."

David

DMMD
04-01-2005, 03:25 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5763721655

That's the same doobie (and his dog) from last week who listed those "Grilles" (Which were SOLD by the way...what's worse, people with hammers, or the idiots who buy from them?

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5235&highlight=grilles

And why do some of us take the time to actually RESTORE nice things!
A rescue is in order for a local... I'd be there if he wasn't 3000 miles away!

Sean Connery: "Maybe you should try reading books INSTEAD of burning them..."

And for those hacks/lurkers out there using the info found in this forum to pass off JUNK...you Freakin' PISS me off. :biting:

tomt
04-01-2005, 04:43 PM
at least the dogs keepin an eye on im

Titanium Dome
04-01-2005, 04:55 PM
This is all messed up. That's one reason I ended up with so many JBLs, I was afraid to sell them just to have some moron turn around and part them out for a profit.

clmrt
04-04-2005, 02:04 PM
And then there's guys like me, who try to be good and buy a pair of L88's purely for listening - not top of the line, but hey.

One had a bad xover, the other had a hole in the tweeter, but I didn't know it when I dropped my coin. Up on craigslist then ebay went the working single with an offer to add the second good tweeter to make a good whole. No dice. Only offers for parts came in.

I tried.

I also have a pair of Sevilles that parted out would bring about $800, or complete about $500. I'd never split them up as they are currently intact. If a tweeter fried, I'd sell the single good speaker system intact, part out the dead tweeter and woofer, and be very sad that I lost a good set of speakers.

What that other guy is doing (220's) is his right. The speakers are his to own and do with as he pleases. No right or wrong, just matters of personal opinion.
:blah:

JBLnsince1959
04-04-2005, 03:15 PM
I know I hate it when I see speakers being parted out. However, one could take a zen approach here and think for for every speaker parted out, there's 2 or more speakers being resurrected

4313B
04-04-2005, 03:28 PM
I hate it when I see speakers not being parted out.

boputnam
04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
I hate it when I see speakers not being parted out. Dammit, Giskard!! :bash:

4313B
04-04-2005, 04:08 PM
What? :p

louped garouv
04-04-2005, 04:50 PM
as the window was opening I figured I would see...

"what??? :dont-know: " close, but no cigar.....

**damm this is taking me too long....

DMMD
04-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I hate it when I see speakers not being parted out.

At least a "comment" worthy of his 4068th post. :banghead:

And when you by them whole, you get your "part," a matching spare, and some expensive wood "packing" :blink:

...Part will probably arrive in better condition considering the vast majority of the stuff I have received from UPS.

louped garouv
04-04-2005, 05:11 PM
At least a "comment" worthy of his 4068th post. :banghead:

And when you by them whole, you get your "part," a matching spare, and some expensive wood "packing" :blink:

...Part will probably arrive in better condition considering the vast majority of the stuff I have received from UPS.

I guess you gotta understand the language --

I prefer to buy local for large items and pick it up myself....
i have been lucky so far!

But that really does make alot of sense....

briang
04-04-2005, 06:02 PM
This is all messed up. That's one reason I ended up with so many JBLs, I was afraid to sell them just to have some moron turn around and part them out for a profit.

I think the same way. Many parts are purchased by me simply to ensure my current crop of JBLs continues in service! So I guess some die that others may live...

4313B
04-04-2005, 06:25 PM
At least a "comment" worthy of his 4068th post. :banghead: Dammit! I forgot I'm only supposed to provide technical data. :banghead:

So sorry. :crying:

NOT! :rotfl:

I think the same way. Many parts are purchased by me simply to ensure my current crop of JBLs continues in service! So I guess some die that others may live...
Whatever it takes to get the goods. Remember, alot of this stuff we cherish has ended up in landfills... if these guys have to make it worth their while to part out or sell this stuff instead of just hauling it to the curb so be it. Some of you have gotten real lucky and picked up systems curbside. I'll bet that far more have made it to the landfills instead. If I went to sell a pair of L220's that no one would pay me $800 for but I could sell the 076's for $800 I'd be ticked off but I would part them out. The L220 can "fix" so many different systems. One parted pair of L220's can potentially restore who knows how many different JBL systems. LE14A's in quite a few different systems. LE5-9's are NLA in any form so they have to look pretty good to people who still want to keep their L220's, L212's, 4313's or 4411's but have damaged LE5-9's. H94's, PR15C's and 076's for all those DIY people. It looks like a win-win situation to me.

duaneage
04-04-2005, 08:43 PM
I stripped two motorcycles in my garage and sold them off piece by piece. I was also called a murderer for this but the bikes were worn out and beyond economical repair.

The 850 I stripped ended up in the hands of over 30 different people that have kept their bikes running. They are actually grateful for the chance to get what they need, most is NLA. Worth more dead than alive it was.

JBL speakers can be like pearls to pigs for some. They have no room or interest in a large set of old speakers that need refoaming or don't go with the drapes.
I plan to build two sets of speakers with classic JBL drivers this spring, the drivers I boaught and have had for a few years will live again.

Ken Pachkowsky
04-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Some good points made re parting out, but it would be nice if the original systems could be kept intact as long as possible.

Ken