PDA

View Full Version : JBL Family Photo

Titanium Dome
03-19-2005, 05:12 PM
I debated whether this would go into the photo gallery or here; inasmuch as it's a group photo, it seemed better here.

The genesis of the photo is that my girlfriend went to a couple of meetings this morning and said she wouldn't be back 'til 1:00 PM. That gave me a four hour window of opportunity to do something, and I thought, "How about putting all the JBLs together and taking a picture?"

So I chose the middle floor as the staging area, in the family room next to the kitchen counter. After considerable disconnecting and lugging, I began to doubt my plan, especially bringing the L7s and SVA1800s from the first floor up the stairs. Eventually I decided that most of the subs would have to miss the picture, because they're too darn heavy and bulky to move up or down the stairs.

Then I discovered I couldn't get the whole thing in one shot, even with a wide angle lense, because I didn't have enough room to step back far enough. I ended up taking two shots, then PhotoShoping the images together. It's not too bad.

Anyway, let's load up combo photo #1.

Titanium Dome
03-19-2005, 05:36 PM
Any guesses as to what's there?

Here's what's missing from the photo:

A pair of EON 15s
A pair of LE120H-1s in CSS200 sub enclosures
Another LE120H-1 in a custom sub enclosure
A Music10 Sub
A pair of LE10Hs in custom sub enclosures

As I said, I just couldn't lug all these up/down for the photo.

Titanium Dome
03-19-2005, 05:40 PM
I had everyone take their covers off so you could see what's underneath. The left side of the group is cut off, and one LE120H-1 was too modest to uncover.

Can you identify the drivers?

Titanium Dome
03-19-2005, 05:45 PM
You might wonder about the image in the center of the first photo, or you might not. Despite my affection for JBLs and my tough talk about the GAF, here we see the real center of my existence.

Steve Gonzales
03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
wonderful, beautiful, family photos !. Very nice to actually SEE the stuff we often talk about. Thank you for sharing them.:applaud:

Titanium Dome
03-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Steve.

Those three dark guys on the end didn't get into the photo very well, so I tried to get a little more light on them. In this view, you can see their drivers better. I just plain failed to get a good shot of the horn however.

johnaec
03-19-2005, 06:47 PM
T.D. - don't despair - there's still hope! JBL Anonymous 12-Step program - 800-JBL-HELP... :help:

Outstanding collection!

John

Titanium Dome
03-19-2005, 06:51 PM
T.D. - don't despair - there's still hope! JBL Anonymous 12-Step program - 800-JBL-HELP... :help:

Outstanding collection!

John

No, really, I can stop anytime. I just would like to get one more...

OFD
03-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Absolutely AMAZING!
TD, I am humbled. And you are one lucky guy to have such an understanding girlfriend. :D

Turn 'em all on at the same time and I'm sure the feds would soon arrive at your door, thinking the power draw was from a grow op. ;)

boputnam
03-20-2005, 04:30 AM
...here we see the real center of my existence. Beauty, dood - all of it.

Only a great wifey suffers her hubbies hobbies, so well. Lucky boy! :yes:

Robh3606
03-20-2005, 07:54 AM
Wow nice collection of gear!!

Rob:)

MJC
03-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Great pictures. I feel like I've short changed myself, being I only have 7 L212s, 3 L55s, 2 sub1500s, and 1 PB12.

Maron Horonzakz
03-20-2005, 08:30 AM
I,d show you pictures of all my girl friends but they were too shy to take there cloths off. All kidding aside that quite a collection of JBLs. Witch one is you girl friend going to bury you in?

Ken Pachkowsky
03-20-2005, 10:07 AM
We are all nuts...

When ever my wife starts to loose it....I will pull this out and say "But Honey, it could be worse!"

Thanks for the amo

Ken

Steve Gonzales
03-20-2005, 10:27 AM
It is becoming VERY EASY to calm the wife down THESE days! ;)

pangea
03-20-2005, 10:48 AM
-Titanium Dome

:jawdrop: Man, that is sooooo sick! I'm sure there is a diagnose for it. :screwy:

OH, how I wish I had that same Disease! :banghead:
:D :applaud: :bouncy: :yes: :rockon2: :cheers:

BR
Roland

Titanium Dome
03-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Turn 'em all on at the same time and I'm sure the feds would soon arrive at your door, thinking the power draw was from a grow op. ;)

While they were all together, I seriously considered connecting them all and cranking out some music. Talk about a wall of sound! :bouncy:

However, disconnecting the needed amps, moving them into place, feeding them off a single pre/pro (Brando voice: the cords, the CORDS!!), wiring all the speakers up, and finding enough outlets to power it all without tripping the breakers was plenty of challenge to stop me from doing it. Besides, my window of opportunity was closing, and I had to get everything back in place before the GF got home.

She still has no idea I did this, except for me whining about a sore back this morning. ;)

Titanium Dome
03-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Witch one is you girl friend going to bury you in?

She figures I'll fit in two of the PS1400 boxes stored in the garage. That's where the saw is, too. :spchless:

If that's too much trouble, then she'll burn me in the fireplace and put the ashes in the port opening on the back of the SVA1800. :flamer:

Maron Horonzakz
03-20-2005, 12:04 PM
The SVA1800 Will be enjoyed by your GFs new boyfriend....Me.

Steve
03-20-2005, 12:26 PM
TD
Way cool.....
They do look sexier with out the covers.
I have seen JBL dealers that had less stock.
The question....
What is your favorite?
Ok...that wasn't fair....
Do you book tours?

Geeze....with all those speakers in the pictures, it is like a kid looking into a candy store....Darn it TD...now I am going to have to get a fix.....

Drooling here
Steve

4313B
03-20-2005, 12:32 PM
I have seen JBL dealers that had less stock.:rotfl:
Isn't that the truth! :p

Don Mascali
03-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks for linning up the "Kids" for us. Impressive!:applaud:

Titanium Dome
03-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Great pictures. I feel like I've short changed myself, being I only have 7 L212s, 3 L55s, 2 sub1500s, and 1 PB12.

It looks like you're doing just fine. I'd like a sub1500 or two. :bouncy:

MJC
03-21-2005, 11:37 AM
It looks like you're doing just fine. I'd like a sub1500 or two. :bouncy:

The combination of the L212s, sub1500s and a H/K 635 receiver are working well together.
But I'd still like to, at least, hear a set of PS. But there are none around here.

Titanium Dome
03-21-2005, 11:43 AM
TD
Way cool.....
They do look sexier with out the covers.
I have seen JBL dealers that had less stock.
The question....
What is your favorite?
Ok...that wasn't fair....
Do you book tours?

Geeze....with all those speakers in the pictures, it is like a kid looking into a candy store....Darn it TD...now I am going to have to get a fix.....

Drooling here
Steve

:dancin: I've got three adult children: 28, 30, and 31. Like all of us with more than one child, the question sometimes gets asked: "Which one is your favorite?" or maybe it comes from the kids themselves, "Do you love x more than me?"

Of course, the answer in my heart is that I love them all without condition, yet I love them in different ways because they're each different and unique.

Same way with the JBL family, really, because just when I think I've decided which one is my #1, I start to think about how much I enjoy another one for its unique qualities. Then I think, well maybe that's the best one.

Right now, I'm completely enamored of my youngest, the Performance Series. But when I see the character and aged distinctiveness of my oldest, the L100 and hear its familiar and dependable voice, I love it all over again, too.

That's why I end up with so much stuff. :bouncy:

It's not that I can't get rid of stuff. I've owned and sold a lot of speakers over the years, but for some reason, except for the speakers lost during the divorce, I've never parted with any JBLs. I even think about the ones that my ex got and wonder if she's taking care of them. I wish I could see them again and hear them one more time. There's not a chance in hell that that will ever happen. :biting:

Gosh, this really is sick. :nutz:

pangea
03-21-2005, 12:23 PM
But isn't it a lovely sicknes though and what other sicknes would you want to have more of???? ;) :D

Then again, I think we all got some of it here. Some more, others less, but never enough. :applaud:

BR
Roland :cheers:

Titanium Dome
03-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Any guesses as to what's there?

Here's what's missing from the photo:

A pair of EON 15s
A pair of LE120H-1s in CSS200 sub enclosures
Another LE120H-1 in a custom sub enclosure
A Music10 Sub
A pair of LE10Hs in custom sub enclosures

As I said, I just couldn't lug all these up/down for the photo.

For those who wanted to know, here's the roll call from the outside to the center.

L5

SVA1800

LX300 (on top)

Performance Series stack (PS1400+PT800)

PT800 (above)

PT800

L100 Century (original model)

L7 (from the side)

L7 (from the front)

Sat 10 (2 fronts, 2 sides, 1 center)(on top)

PC600 (on top)

PS1400

GT800 (orange badge)

Then repeat down the other side. :yes:

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 02:31 PM
We have my GF's family over for a brief stay, including my niece and nephew, so the house is clean and they all left for Disneyland. Since we've lived here a year now, it seemed a good time to take some photos.

I can't get into the guest rooms, so the JBLs in there and in the garage will remain unphotographed for now, but I got most of the other rooms. I also will need to add the office systems down the road. Here, for you New Year's Day perusal are some of the JBL stars.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 02:37 PM
So it started as a music room, morphed into a music and game room, and when the Wii Fit arrived two months ago, it became a music, game, and fitness room. (I lost 17 pounds from Nov.2 through today despite the holidays, so Woo-Hoo! Wii Fit.)

Here's the top and bottom of the equipment rack. Somehow I left out the Soundcraftsmen DX4100 and ProCo RMS-2 in the middle.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Right next to the rack are two more amps that drive the SVA-based 5.1 MCh system with Fostage Audionics THX subs with JBL LE14H-1 drivers. You can see one under the amps. You can also see the Wii and the PowerBook on top that runs SoundStudio for me.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 02:50 PM
With the ProCo speaker switchers and the Soundcraftsmen preamp, I run four pairs of stereo speakers in addition to the SVA 5.1 system.

On the bottom: L7, XPL200, SVA2100
On the top: PT800, L100

John and Yoko look down approvingly.

The camera's flash is unforgivingly bright. None of those marks on the L7s are visible to the naked eye.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 02:55 PM
The PT800s get their LF from a single L8400P sub, which holds up both the SVA Center and the Wii sensor bar. The L7s are slightly in front of the subwoofer so the side-firing LE120H-1 drivers operate unfettered.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Yes, there is a left assemblage, too. It also shows the second FA THX sub with another LE14H-1. These subs are floor-firing BTW.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 03:00 PM
One of the surround SVA1800s can be seen, along with some of the CDs and our other music, which comes from my trumpet and her clarinet and flute.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Heading up toward the HT, you pass under the game projector, which projects between the speakers, and you can look back at the larger layout of the room below. The ceilings down there are 14+ feet.

Someone needs to dust.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Up on the next level, the HT equipment stack waits, and off to the left is a PS1400 with a Performance Series AVA7 (Lexicon) amp on top. The rear surround PT800s are seen on the wall.

I'm still working on the wire management. :p

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Looking frontward, all you'd see is a blank screen, another PS1400, a PC600, and two PT800s flanking the screen, so enjoy these lo-res shots instead.

(That's not a black hole, it's my head sticking up on the Oppo screen.)

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Off to either side are media racks and a side surround PT800 with an HTPS400 THX sub.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Up on the main floor is the music-only Performance Series 5.1 system. The space is very open and the sound is glorious.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 03:25 PM
From another vantage point in the raised breakfast area adjoining the kitchen, the space reveals itself, along with one of the surround PT800s. This system uses five PT800s, two PS1400s and one HTPS400--no PC600 center.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Upstairs, the one currently unused guest room houses the old analog system: turntable, tuner, integrated amp, and L100s. Normally the L100s would be on stands, but I removed them to avoid the niece-or-nephew-crushed-by-falling-L100s problem.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Up just one more light of stairs and the S/2600s are living the good life in the master suite. Normally nothing would be on top of them, but I acceded to the niece and nephew pictures for the duration of the visit.

Yep, there's more cable management to do.

Doc Mark
01-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey, TiDome,

All I can say, is: WWWOOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!! Man, you've got some fine systems in your place, and I really enjoyed checking them out!! It would be wonderful to listen to each one, someday, and you've inspired me to continue gathering stuff for multiple music systems in our own home, just as you've done! Very nice, my Friend!! Thanks for sharing them with us, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Fred Sanford
01-01-2009, 05:41 PM
:applaud:

:thmbsup:

je

hjames
01-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Wow - Very very nice!

Looks like a nice home to keep your speaker collection in :D!

RIGGED
01-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Very nice family you have there, do you have a favorite pair?

RIGGED

mech986
01-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Nice update TD! I hope you get to treat everyone to a JBL Concert!

Bart

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Wow - Very very nice!

Looks like a nice home to keep your speaker collection in :D!

Heather, did you see our Ikea Poangs in the HT? They are really comfortable viewing seats and they're easy to scoot around when you have extra people. I know you and Emma have a couple.

I never really liked those bulky monster HT seats with cupholders, etc. , so I was super happy to find the Poangs at Ikea.

Titanium Dome
01-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Well, despite being sort of known for an anti-horn bias, I gotta say there's a lot to like about the Everest DD55000-descended S/2600 pair.

Among the direct radiators, the Performance Series stacks (PT800/PS1400) on the main floor are without peer among the big four ways when played full range in stereo.

hjames
01-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Heather, did you see our Ikea Poangs in the HT? They are really comfortable viewing seats and they're easy to scoot around when you have extra people. I know you and Emma have a couple.

I never really liked those bulky monster HT seats with cupholders, etc. , so I was super happy to find the Poangs at Ikea.

Yep yep - we got leather ones just to keep down the cat fur, but they are great Sunday morning when I kick back to read the dead tree edition of WaPo (Wash Post) or to listen in that upstairs room ...
We thought about using them downstairs for movie watching but discovered the only problem is you can't cuddle up in them ...

rdgrimes
01-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Well, despite being sort of known for an anti-horn bias, I gotta say there's a lot to like about the Everest DD55000-descended S/2600 pair.

Among the direct radiators, the Performance Series stacks (PT800/PS1400) on the main floor are without peer among the big four ways when played full range in stereo.

Did anyone else spot the PT800/PS1400 docking straps in place? ;) (as opposed to copper wire)

Doctor_Electron
01-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Sick !

jblsound
01-02-2009, 08:43 AM
You've probably got more JBLs than Greg Timbers.
But then again, he's got the Arrays and you don't:p

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Did anyone else spot the PT800/PS1400 docking straps in place? ;) (as opposed to copper wire)

I succumbed to the feng shui of the room's need for lines and angles, but if you look behind the straps...

...cables!

I'll get a shot later.

Rolf
01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
WOW TD!

So much equipment. Your house must be very large. I have only two systems, and one of them has no JBL's. I have room for two, maybe three more, small ones, so we shall see if I can get my hands of something later on.

Again ... WOW.

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Okay, here's how the PS Stack looks from the front with the standard strapping bars.

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Here's how it looks from behind.

Hey, form and function! :D

jblsound
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Up just one more light of stairs and the S/2600s are living the good life in the master suite. Normally nothing would be on top of them, but I acceded to the niece and nephew pictures for the duration of the visit.

Yep, there's more cable management to do.
The S2600, just another mid/late '90s JBL system I never saw in this neck of the woods. I might have stopped there if I'd bought those.

rdgrimes
01-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Here's how it looks from behind.

Hey, form and function! :D
Aren't you clever. I had a feeling there was something like that going on. I don't guess I'll post a pic of my zip cord. :o:

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Now everyone's at Disney California Adventure, so I decided to tear the garage apart for some more JBL Family Photos. Everything you've seen up to this point gets at least weekly use, and much of it daily. Except for the E50 system, these poor JBLs are only allowed to play once a month or so. Some have never been out of their boxes.

Here's several posing together. The 240Ti and L60T on the left are suffering from grille cloth funk. But that's how I got them, and it helped me shave $$ off the asking prices.

My $110 4412s didn't have grilles when I found them.

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 02:25 PM
In case you're wondering, the three boxes in the middle are FA THX subs with JBL LE120H-1 drivers.

Here's everyone showing their goods.

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 02:28 PM
A rare sight indeed, a gloss white XPL160 pair. They are shockingly white when first seen. I turned them, as the white does not show from the front.

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Front and center, the XPLs and their L Series and SVA Series distant cousins show us the goods.

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Yes, it's true, this wall of boxes has "spares." The only boxes that are empty are my original L100 Century cartons. You would weep to know how little I legally paid for all this.

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 02:40 PM
The garage workhorse system: a complete Technics SA-GX910 set up with good old Northridge E50s. A spare SVA Center lurks to the side.

BMWCCA
01-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Don't be embarrassed to mention your cheap California junk Soundcraftsmen stuff I see sitting on nearly every shelf, just lying there, doing nothing. I think you're overdue for some intervention from the East Coast Soundcraftsmen Appreciation Society. :applaud:

JBL 4645
01-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Dome

Just Bloody Lovely :applaud: I was drooling big time now and I’m fresh out of tissues.:D I see new and past models in this gorgeous delicious JBL line up. Round up all the usual JBL suspects. Gordon Bennett, mate have you been raiding hi-fi stores in the dead of night.:D LOL You’ve, got enough JBL to last a lifetime. :applaud:

Have you got any edge rubber surrounds for 6 ½ bass mid drivers in that stock?:D

Titanium Dome
01-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Don't be embarrassed to mention your cheap California junk Soundcraftsmen stuff I see sitting on nearly every shelf, just lying there, doing nothing. I think you're overdue for some intervention from the East Coast Soundcraftsmen Appreciation Society. :applaud:

Ha ha ha. :p

When I get some shots of my office systems, they're all driven by Soundcraftsmen gear. You'll really see it then. Plus, when our guests leave, you'll see the newest Soundcraftsmen combo driving the L5s.

Titanium Dome
01-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Our guests are gone, so the L5s are ready to show.

It's a bit of a compromise to get the gear in here and make it comfortable, so the speakers are not ideally placed. Still, you can see by the giant screen TV that no effort was spared for our guests' entertainment. I guess I still haven't plugged in the VCR since we moved here. Or dusted.

Titanium Dome
01-04-2009, 12:18 PM
The companion L5, sans grilles, one of JBL's more unusual four-way designs.

Titanium Dome
01-04-2009, 12:38 PM
AKA the home office when no one is sleeping in there. This is my pride and joy system. It all came in a single box from Montgomery Wards at 50% off on clearance many years ago. Here's the Sat10 Center and the Music20 Sub.

Impressive, huh?

robertbartsch
01-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi:
You are a very SICK man!

Anyway, are you running the Halfler amps with the fans? I just blew an old Adcom and I will probably replace it with a new Crown XLS. I own an XLS now and I clipped the factory fans with no ill effects so far.

I've always preferred the compression drivers systems for their dynamic range, and ability to produce high SPLs with easy. What do you consider as their downside?

robertbartsch
01-05-2009, 05:05 AM
Hi:
You are a very SICK man!

Anyway, are you running the Halfler amps with the fans? I just blew an old Adcom and I will probably replace it with a new Crown XLS. I own an XLS now and I clipped the factory fans with no ill effects so far.

I've always preferred the compression drivers systems for their dynamic range, and ability to produce high SPLs with easy. What do you consider as their downside?

Titanium Dome
01-05-2009, 10:41 AM
The fans on the Haflers are still functional. I don't think I've ever driven them hard enough that the fans turn on, though. There's a burst of fan activity at start up, presumably to let you know the fans are functioning, then they go silent until needed. At this point, I've never heard them, even when there are silent passages in the music. It's possible they start up during heavy peaks, but I've never noticed, and even stacked three high they're never warm to the touch.

I've got two more I could add to the pile if there were room. ;)

Titanium Dome
01-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Here's the 4430/B380 set up in my main office. It's a big room with high ceilings. I set aside one corner for my "meditation and music retreat" (if the music's playing stay the heck away).

You can see some AKG mics and a Soundcraft mixing board in back that I use with some EON 15s (not pictured).

The BX63A allows me to bridge one Soundcraftsmen A200 for the B380, the other drives the 4430s. That's a Carver preamp, one of the flattest units I've ever heard. It works very well with the JBL moniotrs.

robertbartsch
01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
My wife does not like large speaker boxes, particularly in rooms such as the living room, bed rooms, office, basement, etc.

How do you convince your GF that multiple systems with large "boxes" look great in the home and are very functional?

....my 802 XLS Crown has two windmill fans that are "on" continuously. They are soooooo loud, I had to disconnect them for piece and quiet.

Titanium Dome
01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
These pretty L250s are in one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in LA, but they serve me well when I need a dose of civilized culture in the midst of the violence that plagues the area. I have it a lot better than the kids and families who try to make a life for themselves here in this difficult place, and I've dedicated my life to helping those kids make the right choices.

On some days this is just what the doctor ordered: some smooth jazz playing on big, four-way JBLs.

Titanium Dome
01-05-2009, 02:25 PM
This pair is driven by Soundcraftsmen Pro gear. It's all very, very nice, if a little old school. ;)

The four drivers are all original on this L250, down to the golden 044-1 tweeter and the dustcap-dented LE5.

Titanium Dome
01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
My wife does not like large speaker boxes, particularly in rooms such as the living room, bed rooms, office, basement, etc.

How do you convince your GF that multiple systems with large "boxes" look great in the home and are very functional?

....my 802 XLS Crown has two windmill fans that are "on" continuously. They are soooooo loud, I had to disconnect them for piece and quiet.

When we moved into this newer house, we made several decisions.
1) The bottom-most rooms were mine to develop into the music room and home theater. Once done, she loved them both.
2) We would leave the main floor electronics-free except for one sound system, which is the Performance Series 5.1 MCH music system. It incorporates well into the new furniture (hint, hint) we bought for the family room, living room, dining room, and kitchen eating area. There's no TV, game system, computers, projectors, etc. anywhere on that floor.
3) The S/2600s were in our bedroom at the old place, so they just moved into the bigger master suite with us. She didn't say anything different and I didn't ask any questions. Silence gives assent, right?
4) The garage would be my problem. If I could make stuff fit and still get Beatrice (the Chrysler's TC by Maserati) in there, everything would be cool.
5) The placement of the other systems in the bedrooms was easy as long as I agreed to keep the rooms clean and make them kid safe when necessary.

So the simple answer is this: buy a "new" house that she loves, buy a ton of new furniture, promise to keep it clean, and make it a welcome place for her family, and everything will work out. :bouncy:

BMWCCA
01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
This pair is driven by Soundcraftsmen Pro gear. Now we're talking! :applaud: Looks like you could use a couple of switch buttons on the Pro-Power.

Titanium Dome
01-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Now we're talking! :applaud: Looks like you could use a couple of switch buttons on the Pro-Power.

Yep, I bought a nonworking EQ unit to cannibalize some buttons. I've had it about a year, and still can't remember to bring the buttons up. :banghead:

Titanium Dome
01-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Here are another pair of L7s, this time in a room all to themselves. The set up is perfect for L7s, and they are indeed the finest sounding of my office systems. They have an incredibly wide soundstage, great imaging, plenty of punch, and excellent LF extension. I had to use a wide angle lense to get both in the picture, and it sucked the light right out of the room.

Titanium Dome
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Here's looking across from another angle.

The L7s are passively biamped using JBL's unique L7 crossover design. The lows are powered by a Soundcraftsmen A400, and the highs are powered by another. The amazing DX4200 holds it all together.

This truly is a superlative system.

Titanium Dome
01-05-2009, 04:48 PM
This will do for the January 2009 JBL Family Photos. I didn't include the EON15s and EON10s, the JBL Creature system, or any of the auto gear, since none of them are being used in home or office applications.

It's frightening to actually see it all documented. Clearly, I need to get some things under control.

I swear, any day now, I'm gonna stop... :biting:

BMWCCA
01-05-2009, 04:52 PM
The L7s are passively biamped using JBL's unique L7 crossover design. The lows are powered by a Soundcraftsmen A400, and the highs are powered by another. The amazing DX4200 holds it all together.

This truly is a superlative system.Don't forget; we're supposed to call that "bi-wiring". I have been thoroughly chastised on this forum for making the same mistake you just did! ;)

If I ever visit you, remind me to bring the spray paint for your DX4200 handles! It's a bit darker than the GM#318 Charcoal I use on the older Crown PS-series Amps, but pretty close. :yes: