PDA

View Full Version : Sessions LP

Dougie
03-19-2005, 03:01 AM
Hi all;

Way back in the late 70's or early 80's I bought an LP from a JBL dealer in Toronto called " SESSIONS ". This album was brought out by JBL to demo their pro speakers of the time. It was a great album but I have misplaced it somehow.

Does anyone remember this album? It would be nice to get another copy.

It opened up like a double LP but there was only one record in it. There were some great JBL pics printed on it:D Any help/info would be appreciated.

Doug

Flodstroem
03-19-2005, 04:10 AM
Hi Dougie

This is funny. A couple of days ago I was talking to a guy i Sweden. He sent me a short cut (MP3) from exactly that LP your are looking for. He had found it in the US a year or so ago.

I will contact him and ask him if he could be able to giv the inform. you might have use for.

I think he is a forum member but I¨m not sure.
You will hear from me.

Ragards

Tomas M
03-19-2005, 04:56 AM
Hi!

That’s correct!

I have the record on CD and in MP3-format but, unfortunately not, the immaterial rights to distribute it.

Best regards!

Tomas

pbda
03-19-2005, 05:06 AM
"Sessions" was released in the mid-seventies. There is information available on the web if you google it, and e-bay has copies for sale from time to time.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, there is a copy available in the "Marketplace" section of this forum's website at the moment.

BTW, my copy of Sessions does contain two LPs.

Dougie
03-19-2005, 11:55 AM
"Sessions" was released in the mid-seventies. There is information available on the web if you google it, and e-bay has copies for sale from time to time.

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, there is a copy available in the "Marketplace" section of this forum's website at the moment.

BTW, my copy of Sessions does contain two LPs.

Thank you all for your replys:) I must be getting old as I remember the Sessions having only one LP.

I will google it....thanks pbda. I actually did google it recently....I will try a different search.

Doug

Dougie
03-20-2005, 03:36 AM
I did do a more extensve search and found seveeral links for the Sessions album, but everyone I found had been sold already:( From what I gather, Sessions has been digitallly remastered for CD but couldn't find a source to purchase it on the internet.

I might just email JBL to see if they have it. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if the digital copy sounds as good as the analog version??

Doug

Chas
03-20-2005, 07:27 AM
Doug, I think there were several versions of Sessions. I picked up one last year on Ebay from a vinyl store in Montreal, they do come up from time to time.Mine takes the listener on a tour of the progress of a multi track rock recording, interesting stuff, but a little boring......:(

pbda
03-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Doug, you might try searching on a used-record site, such as www.musicstack.com. I've seen copies available there in the past.

Zilch
03-22-2005, 06:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4713148743&rd=1