PDA

View Full Version : JBL Enclosure Plans

boputnam
07-23-2003, 08:53 PM
I've compiled a .pdf comprised of a complete set of mid-1970's JBL enclosure plans from my files. JBL mailed these to me when I was building cabinets, and inquired about specs, oh-so-long-ago.

NB: These are NOT plans for cabinets JBL sold - they are plans for fitting JBL transducers into non commercially available designs. So, don't get your hopes up that you'll find any thing even resembling a 43xx series cabinet, or whatnot.

The plans have numerous cabinet and baffle configurations, with cut-out dimensions for most LE-series ("Home) transducers and K-series ("Musical Instrument") elements. In addition, there are "JBL Enclosure Porting Charts" guidlines for both the "Home" and "Musical" series.

I had uploaded these to the JBL Heritage site but they've not made it to the limelight. The format may not work there.

If anyone has interest, please pm me with your email address - I'd be happy to forward the file. The file is 1,033 kBytes.

Here's an example:

sap
07-28-2003, 05:04 AM
Dear boputnam,

I understood you don't have plans for commercial cabinets .... but do you have any idea on how or where to get the cabinet plan of the old 4315 ?

.... it seems nobody's really interested in them ....

I am !

Thanks,
Vincenzo

boputnam
07-28-2003, 07:14 AM
Hey, Vincenzo...

"do you have any idea on how or where to get the cabinet plan of the old 4315 ? .... it seems nobody's really interested in them"

I don't think that's true, it's simply that JBL never released plans of their cabinets. So, IMO, no one can answer your specific request. You might [/i]Search[/i] for "4315" on this Forum, and then pm anyone who it seems might have a pair, and beg them to take some photos next time they've got the transducers out. ;)

Excerpt from the 1977 Pro Note recently Link-ed by John. :coolness:

mikebake
07-28-2003, 11:15 AM
I tried to PM you but is said message box was full. Please sned plans pdf to
[email protected]

Thanks

boputnam
07-28-2003, 11:26 AM
Me...? Doh! :banghead:

Just discovered that "Inbox" limits also must aggregate "Outbox" (messages sent). I've been purging my Inbox regularly, but paid not a care to the "Outbox" until now. Double Doh!

Sent the .pdf. Hope it's helpful...

davidpou
02-09-2014, 01:23 AM
I've compiled a .pdf comprised of a complete set of mid-1970's JBL enclosure plans from my files. JBL mailed these to me when I was building cabinets, and inquired about specs, oh-so-long-ago.

NB: These are NOT plans for cabinets JBL sold - they are plans for fitting JBL transducers into non commercially available designs. So, don't get your hopes up that you'll find any thing even resembling a 43xx series cabinet, or whatnot.

The plans have numerous cabinet and baffle configurations, with cut-out dimensions for most LE-series ("Home) transducers and K-series ("Musical Instrument") elements. In addition, there are "JBL Enclosure Porting Charts" guidlines for both the "Home" and "Musical" series.

I had uploaded these to the JBL Heritage site but they've not made it to the limelight. The format may not work there.

If anyone has interest, please pm me with your email address - I'd be happy to forward the file. The file is 1,033 kBytes.

Here's an example:

Hi do you happen to have plans for the 4215 enclosure ? my email adress: [email protected]
thanks
david