PDA

View Full Version : Drawings

Rolf
03-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi all.

I have some sad news to tell.

Last week I had some burglers who stole all af my hi-fi, including my beautiful 4333A's.

I have been looking at different places on the web and elswhere with no luck for a used pair.

What I believe has to be done is to get a workshop to build new boxes, as I can get new drivers.

What I am asking is: does any of you have original drawing for the boxes of the 4333, L300 or what I really want, the 4343????

Any other information will also be welcome.

Please let me know, and e-mail me at [email protected]

Have a nice day.

Rolf

louped garouv
03-14-2005, 03:40 PM
and unfortuantely I do not have any plans to help you.....

Are JBLs very common in Norway? Would it be possible for you to track who did this terrible act of tresspass/theft when the items show up on the seconday market (if her/she sells)? :die:

Good luck!

Mr. Widget
03-14-2005, 03:53 PM
That is remarkable. L300s are massive. They must have come with a truck. Did you loose other large items or were your speakers the target?

On the replacement front, having heard many of the classic JBL systems, if you are still after that classic sound and want to upgrade, I'd recommend you consider Ian's 4345 thread.

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=952

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Widget

alskinner
03-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Also sorry to hear about the theft of your 4333s. I know I would be heartbroken if someone stole one of my pairs of JBLs.

I too have no original drawings but Ian Mackenzie and others did a great job describing how to build a set 4344/4345s

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1812&highlight=4345

You may have already read this but thought I would offer what help I could.

AL

Mr. Widget
03-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Hey Al, you were snoozing... I guess two votes are better than one!

Widget

alskinner
03-14-2005, 03:57 PM
We must of had the same idea at the same time. I think you hit the button before me. Didn't mean to double post

Take Care
AL

Ken Pachkowsky
03-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Sorry to hear about the theft. I feel for ya bud.

Ken

yggdrasil
03-15-2005, 03:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

They should be traceable if anyone tries to sell them in Norway. I would think the market is very small. Where are you located? You could send a warning to the local hifi-dealers and to the ones in Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim.

Anyway if you don't have the drivers I would try to go for the 4345's. I can send you the drawings I used for the ones in my avatar, which is quite similar to the 4343 except they are tuned lower and with a larger midrange driver.

Guido
03-15-2005, 04:41 AM
Damned!

I never thought about this!

Stealing vintage JBLs should be considered a serious crime :biting:

yggdrasil
03-15-2005, 06:38 AM
Damned!

I never thought about this!

Stealing vintage JBLs should be considered a serious crime :biting:

Death penalty for sure!

Rolf
03-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Hi louped garouv.

Yes, JBL is very common in Norway, but I believe the equipment stolen is no longer in the country.

Thanks for your reply.

Rolf

Rolf
03-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Hi again Mr. Widget. No, they did not come with a truck. They also stole my trailer!!! They stole all my equipment. Amps, DVD playeres CD player, Dolby Digital equipment etc etc.

I would like to get my hands on some 4343 (or 4345) as you recomend, but I guess it will cost a fortune to ship from the US to Norway? .. But if anybode have something to sell, tell me the price, and I will concider it.

Rolf

Rolf
03-15-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanks for you reply alskinner

Rolf

Rolf
03-15-2005, 07:10 AM
Thanks for your reply Ken Pachkowsky.

Rolf

Rolf
03-15-2005, 07:12 AM
YES PLEASE SEND THE DRAWINGS! Send a mail to [email protected] so we can discuss this.

Rolf

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

They should be traceable if anyone tries to sell them in Norway. I would think the market is very small. Where are you located? You could send a warning to the local hifi-dealers and to the ones in Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim.

Anyway if you don't have the drivers I would try to go for the 4345's. I can send you the drawings I used for the ones in my avatar, which is quite similar to the 4343 except they are tuned lower and with a larger midrange driver.

Robh3606
03-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Hello Rolf

That's awful sorry to hear of your loss. Take a look at Ian's thread. I built a pair of 4344 clones based on his baffle layout and the crossover was done using Giskards solution for the tapped inductors. Ian did the crossovers I am using in them and they are excellent. Jarrod also did a pair and has a thread to cover his 4344s. If you can get the drivers it's worth the effort to build up a pair.

Rob:)

spirou38
03-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi Rolf,

Sorry to hear about the theft. :(

Do you have any pictures of your JBL's that have been robbed ? I could send to a couple of friends in France and in Belgium.

Pascal

Hofmannhp
03-15-2005, 09:07 AM
Hi Rolf,

do you have the JBL no. of the single speakers.....I can imagine that he or they try to sell them in ebay.

HP

PS: I have all the numbers from my speakers....for security.
Some may remember my thread ( I don't know when) about this, to try to get all the single driver numbers from all members in a special database.

Hofmannhp
03-15-2005, 09:10 AM
.... I have all the numbers from my speakers....for security.
Some may remember my thread ( I don't know when) about this, to try to get all the single driver numbers from all members in a special database.

found it here:
http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1723

HP