PDA

View Full Version : 8 cu ft

hector.murray
03-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Here's what I ended up with for my sons' bass cab.
Finishing off today, wheels, primer, wiring. Couple of JBL pro stickers would be good to find, if anyone has any.

Titanium Dome
03-13-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm kinda interested in that aluminum cylinder to the right of the enclosure. Where does that go?

hector.murray
03-13-2005, 06:22 PM
That is a future 2420 diaphragm.

aust-ted
03-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Hector

Looks pretty cool

I trust you supported the baffle between the two drivers. That looks the weakest spot to me. Mine were a little different in shape to yours. I used two larger ports instead of 4, between and above & below the drivers. I had a need to reduce the height of the box as much as i could as I wanted to mount mid compression horns above.

Regards
Ted

57BELAIRE
03-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Nice...that'll move some air.

Where did you get your plans?

Is this a design specifically for electric bass guitar?

rbh :blink:

hector.murray
03-14-2005, 04:56 PM
I trust you supported the baffle between the two drivers. That looks the weakest spot to me.
aust-ted

Yes. You can't see it in this view, but there are 2 supports from the baffle to the rear of the enclosure.
This was a compromise for me. I really wanted to use a rectangular port, but needed to get the unit done. The next one will have the rectangular port.

Where did you get your plans?
Is this a design specifically for electric bass guitar?
57BELAIRE

This is a general purpose low end speaker design.
The plans are from the JBL Professional Enclosure Guide. It isn't hard to design the box, more difficult to keep the cuts on the table saw straight .Not much more than guidelines in the guide really. It only lists volume, tuning and ... Well here:

duaneage
03-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Yes. You can't see it in this view, but there are 2 supports from the baffle to the rear of the enclosure.
This was a compromise for me. I really wanted to use a rectangular port, but needed to get the unit done. The next one will have the rectangular port.

This is a general purpose low end speaker design.
The plans are from the JBL Professional Enclosure Guide. It isn't hard to design the box, more difficult to keep the cuts on the table saw straight .Not much more than guidelines in the guide really. It only lists volume, tuning and ... Well here:

I would support the ducts from underneath so that they don't come loose in transport. I built a similar design once and one of the ducts came loose, a small block of wood glued at the rear of the port to the floor fixed it right up.