PDA

View Full Version : pdf attachments

Dougie
03-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi all:)

I don't see any Pdf file attachments on this forum so can I assume that we can't add them as attachments to our posts ?

Doug

Earl K
03-12-2005, 03:41 PM
I don't see any Pdf file attachments on this forum so can I assume that we can't add them as attachments to our posts ?

- There are actually a few around ( a thin scattering ) .

- pdfs are a valid file attachment. Just make sure the file is actually appended in .pdf , if a Mac is your platform . Macs can be so sloppy with naming file types.

- A lot of browsers have never enabled their pdf viewer plugin ( including myself until recently ) - so using this attachment type won't be as ubiquitous as say attaching a jpg or a gif .

:)

sonofagun
04-07-2005, 04:34 AM
I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION! Take forever to open and difficult to use - who invented them anyway - what the heck good are they? Not to me they aren't!

:biting:

4313B
04-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Adobe sux and pdf files blow but we still post them when they are small enough. Usually we just convert them to jpgs and post those.

4313B
04-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Oh goodie! :applaud:

Expect new lows as the latest crapware to spawn from this trainwreck rolls out into the marketplace. :rotfl:

Adobe To Acquire Macromedia for $3.4 Billion

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/images/rw6047/ect/adobe-macromedia-acquisition.jpg By Matthew Fordahl
AP
04/18/05 7:54 AM PT

"While we anticipate the integration team will identify opportunities for cost savings by the time the acquisition closes, the primary motivation for the two companies' joining is to continue to expand and grow our business into new markets," said Bruce Chizen, Adobe's CEO.

Meaning a whole lot of people are about to get the axe. :p Those that remain will do so until their positions can be outsourced.

Mr. Widget
04-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Macromedia is just finishing construction of new offices in the old 1880's era Baker Hamilton Warehouse a couple of blocks from my house.... I wonder if they will give it up or stick an Adobe logo on it?

Widget

4313B
04-18-2005, 11:42 AM
I don't know dude... maybe if they have a couple years lead time, and can wait for all the plugins to load, they could eventually get an Adobe logo pasted up there...

Mr. Widget
04-18-2005, 11:43 AM
:applaud: :rotfl: :applaud:

DavidF
04-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Macromedia is just finishing construction of new offices in the old 1880's era Baker Hamilton Warehouse a couple of blocks from my house.... I wonder if they will give it up or stick an Adobe logo on it?

Widget

At least the construction is completed, so it seems they will move in for a time anyway. Adobe is a couple blocks from my office down in San Jose and I think they have just about built up as much of their block as they can.

DavidF