PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram For L250?

JBLover
03-01-2005, 10:34 PM
Hello - Does anybody out there know the whereabouts of a wiring diagram for the L250 ? I have a pair of them which have had the woofer foams replaced, and from the sound of them, ( And according to my new Yamaha RXV-2500 ) it appears they've been miswired. ( The RXV-2500 reports them to be "out-of-phase". Clever, that thing ! )

Or, could the old flashlight battery trick be employed without screwing up the Xover networks? http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/blink.gif

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

Steve Gonzales
03-02-2005, 03:51 AM
Let's see; you had the woofers refoamed, right? Any chance you reversed the leads in the re-install?. The crossover is on a printed circuit board so, that is not the problem. there are bus-bars for adjustment levels that will only fit one way so, that's not it. You haven't touched the other drivers right?. Well, I would check the leads to the LE14H-1's. JBL uses the lead with the black stripe for the negative as far as I know. And last but not least, you've re-checked your amp to speaker wires to make sure that they're correct (again). I know how these things can drive a man crazy, been there, done that. I'm sure someone will come up with a diagram for you if not. SWEET SPEAKERS!!!!!!. Maybe you could tell us about your system and perhaps post some pictures?. I wish you good luck finding the culprit, Regards, Steve G

Guido
03-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Let us know if this helps!

JBLover
03-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Hi Steve, Guido,

Thanks for the comebacks ! I "cleaned up" the schematic some using Photoshop, the parts important to me anyways... Steve's correct in stating that the SOLID COLOR wires terminate at the "+" side of the speakers, the black tracer wire on the "-" side. The schematic and advise are spot on !

I'll have to wait until tonite to pop 'em open to see what whoever might have done to get 'em out of phase in the first place. I knew something was wrong the minute I geve 'em my first "listen"... "Flat" and "tinny sounding" best describes how they sounded. I knew from what I've read that these babies are what all the Senior Management people at Harmon Int'l have as their "keepers", and since they're in the business, so theorhetically could have anything they wanted, I figured there must be something to 'em.

( BTW, I was comparing them to my L220's, which are sort-of unknowns, but with great sound in their own right; and a pair of VMPS RM40's, the ones that won the CES show in 2002. I'm "speaker poor", as you can see... )

Thanks again for the direction ---- :) I'll let you know what I come up with ----

PS: Guido, I can't quite make out what one word in the "Note" reads"-
"SHORTING STRIP SHOWN IN THE ????? POSITION".... Can you fill in the ???? for me? - Oh, and one other thing, probably not worth mentioning, but if you can convert your B/W scans to Grayscale, they end up about 1/4 the size of RGB files.

Guido
03-02-2005, 02:54 PM
PS: Guido, I can't quite make out what one word in the "Note" reads"-
"SHORTING STRIP SHOWN IN THE ????? POSITION".... Can you fill in the ???? for me? - Oh, and one other thing, probably not worth mentioning, but if you can convert your B/W scans to Grayscale, they end up about 1/4 the size of RGB files.

0db :)