PDA

View Full Version : Cable Help

Audiobeer
02-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Sounds like an easy task but I've been on it for a week now to no avail. JBLDOG hooked me up to a JBL 600T amp. I wanted to use my Marantz 2270 Reciever by implementing the main in and out plugs turning the receiever into a preamp and utilizing the 600 watt cabability of the JBL amp. The problem is I want to hide the amp so i need about 6 - 8 feet in legth X 4. It needs to go from an RCA to a bare wire connector. The JBL amp has balanced and unbalance screw on type in and outs. Radio Shack didn't have what I needed and I've been screwing around with all the local custom installers who just blow me off. Anyone else been faced with this are do you just have to make your own?

Mike Caldwell
02-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Hello
On you amp JBL 600T make sure that you use the direct speaker outputs
and not the 70 volt output connections.
The input connections on that amp use the removeable euro terminal
strip, do you have that part of it with your amp.

If you want I could make up the cables for you. For a clean looking
cable run I can get four channel snake cable so all the cables are in one
common jacket.

Let me know
Thanks
Mike Caldwell

SteveW
02-19-2005, 11:32 AM
I have a bunch of gear that uses screw connectors. Two choices:
(1) Buy a premade and cut off one end. Problems include lousy quality to begin with, and the wire dia is rather thin for this type of connection - minor abuse takes it's toll.
(2) Make some using quality wire from Gepco or the like. I use the twisted pair, two-conductor, conductive shield/drain wire stuff for this application. All three wires are the same 22g diameter, and all the options are there for playing the ground loop game. Google it so you don't have to buy a full roll.
http://www.gepco.com/products/cablenew/analog_audio/singdual_22.htm

Long ago I crimped terminals onto the bare wires but quit that. Now I just tin the ends to a hook shape and tighten up the screws.

Audiobeer
02-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Hello
On you amp JBL 600T make sure that you use the direct speaker outputs
and not the 70 volt output connections.
The input connections on that amp use the removeable euro terminal
strip, do you have that part of it with your amp.

If you want I could make up the cables for you. For a clean looking
cable run I can get four channel snake cable so all the cables are in one
common jacket.

Let me know
Thanks
Mike Caldwell

Mike, it's all complete with the strips. I have the owners manual and was pretty impressed with how versatile this amp is. I will be glad to take you up on it only if you will let me pay you up front via paypal or whatever you want. I just need to get it done as soon as possible and would be glad to pay extra to get it going!! Let me know and thanks as well Steve, but can't wait to go that route.

Audiobeer
02-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Looks like Mike is the Man! Thanks everybody!