PDA

View Full Version : domes

duaneage
02-16-2005, 05:32 AM
Are replacement domes available for the tweeters used in the 4411, specifically the 044s? Looking at a pair on ebay and one is absolutley concave. Can this be replaced at home or must a pro do it with tools and gauges?

4313B
02-16-2005, 06:17 AM
I actually have some good 044 diaphragms available. You should use a signal generator to align them. These days that's easy with a computer sound card and software.

Google some signal generator or frequency generator software to download.

duaneage
02-16-2005, 05:25 PM
I have signal generators and impedance meters, as well as an O-scope. what is the procedure? Do you use sweeps around the FS or is it based more on output?

I might be able to get these cheap because of the crinkled dome, people are afraid of fixing anything nowadays

4313B
02-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Assemble the unit with the mounting screws just barely tight. Set your oscillator to 2 kHz and tweek the assembly until no buzzing can be heard. Tighten the screws while listening and adjusting to prevent buzzing. Run a sweep from 2 kHz to 12 kHz and listen for anomalies. You should keep the voltage to 2 volts and you should use a network between the amp and 044.

duaneage
02-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Assemble the unit with the mounting screws just barely tight. Set your oscillator to 2 kHz and tweek the assembly until no buzzing can be heard. Tighten the screws while listening and adjusting to prevent buzzing. Run a sweep from 2 kHz to 12 kHz and listen for anomalies. You should keep the voltage to 2 volts and you should use a network between the amp and 044.

I have a 034 that I replaced the diaphram in years ago and it had a different impedance peak and overall different curve than another 034 I have. I never thought about adjusting the screws and sweeping the driver. Can this be a way to match a pair of tweeters?

BTW I am going to bid on those tweeters, If I win I will need to get a new diaprham from you;)