PDA

View Full Version : Copies of JBL manuals on eBay

aust-ted
02-15-2005, 02:03 AM
Hi

Noticed someone is listing a lot of copies of JBL manuals and brouchures on eBay at present. An example is at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3276&item=5751893781&rd=1

It appears he is making copies from originals that he owns which I suppose is fair enough compared to selling copies from this site which I would find despicable.

On the other hand, I note a lot of what he is offering is available from the forum or from JBL pro's webpage.

One that I would like to get a copy of which I have not been able to find on the web is JBL Dividing Network Instruction Manual Pub OM22-3 which is included with the example above. Can anyone advise where I could get a copy and/ or whether this differs to any significant degree from JBL Professional Series Instruction Manual M3100 (also included in the above example) which I did get either from the forum or JBL Pro (cannot remember exactly which).

Would even be prepared to pay the guy his $9.90 for a copy if it was that helpful.

Regards
Aust-ted

Steve Schell
02-15-2005, 02:52 AM
This guy has been at this a long time. In the early days of this web site many of his ebay offerings were b+w copies of jpegs printed off this site. He claimed in his auctions that he was selling reproductions of originals. We checked carefully... same creases and sweat stains as the original documents we had scanned for the site, and knew for certain that he had no access to. We wrote to request that he stop this activity, and he promised to stop. He later resumed his same old bad habits. I haven't kept track of him in the past two or three years, so I don't know if he is still ripping off our generous LH contributors.