PDA

View Full Version : 2213H Recone?

jackgiff
02-05-2005, 12:20 PM
As best I can find from looking in the JBL library, the 4312 is equipped with 2213H low frequency drivers. They are white faced, which I assume would indicate Aquaplas? Are these reconeable with JBL parts, or are there aftermarket parts which equal the original performance?

Thanks, Jack Gifford

hector.murray
02-05-2005, 12:49 PM
JBL lists the recone PN as C8R2213 and the retail is $186.00
If anyone has any up for grabs cheaper or knows of an aftermarket recone kit, I need a pair as well.

GordonW
02-06-2005, 04:35 PM
As of now, there is no known aftermarket cone that exactly meets the parameters of the 123A/2212/2213 cone. I am working on "massaging" some aftermarket part options into proper "alignment" (as far as cone dimensions, thickness, damping, weight and such are concerned), but I've not gotten to where I'm satisfied with the results yet...

However, I HAVE managed to recone these drivers, IF the original cones are intact (no holes, tears, creases, etc). I carefully remove the original voice coil and surround, replace the surround (there are aftermarket fabric surrounds available), and use an aftermarket edge-wound (like the original) voice coil and an appropriate spider and dustcap. So far, I've had very good results- sound just like the originals...

Regards,
Gordon.

hector.murray
02-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Well if you've had good results with this, there is no need to mess with success. a little sweat equity is time well spent.