PDA

View Full Version : Who won the L100's?

Cal Weldon
02-03-2005, 11:09 AM
I see ticket 2096 is the winner. That doesn't seem to coincide with any of my numbers. Well, the 2 at the beginning was the same but... :banghead:

Who's the lucky devil?

Cal

Don McRitchie
02-03-2005, 11:40 AM
Andresohc of this forum won.

mikebake
02-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Andresohc! :applaud: Awesome!!!!!!! Party on!!:bouncy:

Titanium Dome
02-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Andresohc! :applaud: Awesome!!!!!!! Party on!!:bouncy:

Congratulations! May they serve you well. :bouncy:

(Boo-hoo! :crying: I didn't win.)

Cal Weldon
02-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Congratulations Andresohc, :applaud:

Southern California is a nice place for them to go. The only place better than that would have been Canada. :D

Careful to keep the grilles on, the kidilinks love to poke at the pretty white cones.

Cal

Wardsweb
02-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Has he acknowleged his winning yet?

Don McRitchie
02-03-2005, 02:09 PM
I don't know. Don C has sent him a PM to make arrangements for shipping, but I don't know if he has gotten a response.

JBL Dog
02-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Has he acknowleged his winning yet?

Word on the streetis that he is out of town. I will be happy to accept them for him :p

Enjoy them! :applaud:

This message comes from JBL Dog :dj-party:

speakerdave
02-03-2005, 07:04 PM
I'm happy for andresohc.

OFD
02-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Looks like a deserving winner, but then I thought I did too. *sniff*

Maybe we could set up a West Coast share group, and move them up and down the coast (month here, month there kinda thing) sort of like the Stanley Cup moves around to all members of the team for the year that they win. http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/applaud.gif

leif
02-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Gongrats! Enjoy them :applaud:

andresohc
02-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got the message. I had been at physical therapy and just got around to checking my emails. I was having a crappy day...
Now my wife and I are dancing around high fiving each other. I have never won anything based on luck in my life. Maybe my mom's Irish side is finally kicking in.
MAN:jawdrop: :banana:

I was thinking about this auction a couple of days ago. What struck me as the coolest part of the auction was the people involved. The time and energy and expertise put in by the forumites who restored the speakers, organized the raffle, and donated the parts. In general the L100s as a symbol of the group as a whole. I feel honored to be the new custodians of these speakers.
My wife isnt familiar with the history of JBL and asked about their significance. I told her they were like her favorite dream car, a Red 64 1/2 Mustang Convertible, they defined an era and changed the direction of the industry and they have soul. Our Camry may out do the that Mustang in most ways but its a soulless object like an appliance. I told her the one thing the L100s have is personality including the personality of the people who brought them back to original condition. She understood that.

Thanks to everyone who was involved with the raffle, who donated the parts, who restored the speakers.
Man, I cant believe I won these....
:thmbsup:

Donald
02-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Andre,

Please let me know when they arrive. I will pick up the LE14 stuff then so I can see these babies. I need inspiration to do my 2 pair of cabs.

andresohc
02-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Donald, sounds good. If other people in the area are interested they are welcome to come by and see them as well.

still4given
02-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey, I'm in Southern CA. Just how far south are you? :D

Blessings, Terry

andresohc
02-05-2005, 06:40 PM
I live in Orange, near the 57/5/22 freeways (Orange Crush) or put another way close to the "Los Angeles" (booooo) Angels Stadium. PM me if you are interested in visiting. I can let you know when they get in.

andresohc
02-09-2005, 09:47 PM
The L100s arrived today. What an excellent job everyone did with the restoration. I set them up temporarily where I was working today and listened to 70s music all afternoon. I had a great afternoon.
Thanks again.
All grins here today.
:D

porschedpm
02-09-2005, 10:03 PM
How bout one more picture of those puppies and their blue foams displayed proudly in their new home. Us raffle participants that came in second place are all living vicariously through you. Actually that's just a nice way of saying we're green with envy.:bouncy:

Titanium Dome
02-10-2005, 10:39 AM
we're green with envy.:bouncy:

I'm holding my breath until I get them. :baby:

I mean it. :baby:

Me want L100s! :baby:

:baby: :baby: :baby:

andresohc
02-10-2005, 05:52 PM
I will try to post some photos this weekend.
How bout one more picture of those puppies and their blue foams displayed proudly in their new home. Us raffle participants that came in second place are all living vicariously through you. Actually that's just a nice way of saying we're green with envy.:bouncy: