PDA

View Full Version : 044 tweeter replacement

Peter Kaae
02-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Im looking for a newer generation titanium tweeter to replace the 044s in my L96,,,does anyone know which model would fit in the bafflecutout? Maybe the 044TI? any suggestions are indeed welcome...
Maybe someone has a link to the JBL partsguide online?
Thanks,
Peterhttp://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/bouncy.gif

4313B
02-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Oh swell...

Yet another seeker of the 044Ti's. :(

Let's just raffle off another pair of loudspeakers and then buy all of JBL's remaining stock of new ones. :D

Earl K
02-02-2005, 10:06 AM

Yeh Well,

With the added premium of "Giskards'-Picks" piled on top of JBLs' "Nuisance Premium" for older obsolete parts - this is what one should expect.

The only way out of this straightjacket is to promote a current JBL offering like the Performance Series' tweeter part, the S26 ( 026ti? ) :D

I highly doubt that this particular part is junk or even just merely good . It's more likely that its' reasonable price only reflects its' current availability along with the omnipresent "Economies of Scale" that large production runs enjoy .

( Of course, one will need to fashion their own faceplate since the actual available part is just the tweeter - ie; does not include the ellipitical waveguide )

Don C
02-02-2005, 10:25 AM
The 052ti is still pretty reasonable, at $64.00 each. This is the tweeter for current studio monitors, 4412A, 4410A etc. I don't think that anyone here has tried them yet.

4313B
02-02-2005, 10:45 AM
Unfortunately any of these replacements will require a complete network rework. As G.T. is so fond of saying "won't work". And he isn't kidding. :p
Of course ignorance is bliss; You could just pop them in and convince yourself they sound better than anything else you've ever heard. ;)

Earl K
02-02-2005, 11:28 AM
You could just pop them in and convince yourself they sound better than anything else you've ever heard. ;)

Yep, that's the ticket :blink: :bs:

or (as you state )

One could actually invest some "sweat-equity" into a reworked network by doing the necessary mods. Always a good option . :applaud:

or

Give Up & Buy a whole New System from Harman ( their first choice ) . :D

Guido
02-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh swell...

Let's say he can find 2 044Ti's. Would they fit into the baffle cutout?
The network should fit I think.

4313B
02-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Let's say he can find 2 044Ti's. Would they fit into the baffle cutout?Yes, they will fit the cutout.

hector.murray
02-05-2005, 08:17 AM
keep your eyes open on ebay and you might find some, though I dare say competition will be fierce, so crack open your wallet. (mortgage the house?) I think there are 3 others here in the same predicament. As for myself, I have acquired a pair of 066s' recently, so I'm out of the running for a month or so.......
Which reminds me........
THANK YOU ZILCH & AUDIOBEER :bouncy:

Speaking of mortgaging the house, some fool mortgaged his home to go to the stupid bowl this year. Sheesh.........

Peter Kaae
02-05-2005, 08:26 AM
thanks yeall..I might have to figure out something else!

/Peter

Earl K
02-05-2005, 08:47 AM
As for myself, I have acquired a pair of 066s' recently, so I'm out of the running for a month or so.......

Hector,

Oh,,,,Good For You !!! Excellent ! That'll help your project heaps !

That was nice of ZILCH & AUDIOBEER to help you out . :applaud:

:cheers: