PDA

View Full Version : 044 tweeter replacement

Peter Kaae
02-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I´m looking for a newer generation titanium tweeter to replace the 044´s in my L96,,,does anyone know which model would fit in the bafflecutout? Maybe the 044TI? any suggestions are indeed welcome...
Maybe someone has a link to the JBL partsguide online?
Thanks,
Peterhttp://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/bouncy.gif

4313B
02-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Oh swell...

Yet another seeker of the 044Ti's. :(

Let's just raffle off another pair of loudspeakers and then buy all of JBL's remaining stock of new ones. :D

Earl K
02-02-2005, 11:06 AM

Yeh Well,

With the added premium of "Giskards'-Picks" piled on top of JBLs' "Nuisance Premium" for older obsolete parts - this is what one should expect.

The only way out of this straightjacket is to promote a current JBL offering like the Performance Series' tweeter part, the S26 ( 026ti? ) :D

I highly doubt that this particular part is junk or even just merely good . It's more likely that its' reasonable price only reflects its' current availability along with the omnipresent "Economies of Scale" that large production runs enjoy .

( Of course, one will need to fashion their own faceplate since the actual available part is just the tweeter - ie; does not include the ellipitical waveguide )

Don C
02-02-2005, 11:25 AM
The 052ti is still pretty reasonable, at $64.00 each. This is the tweeter for current studio monitors, 4412A, 4410A etc. I don't think that anyone here has tried them yet.

4313B
02-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Unfortunately any of these replacements will require a complete network rework. As G.T. is so fond of saying "won't work". And he isn't kidding. :p
Of course ignorance is bliss; You could just pop them in and convince yourself they sound better than anything else you've ever heard. ;)

Earl K
02-02-2005, 12:28 PM
You could just pop them in and convince yourself they sound better than anything else you've ever heard. ;)

Yep, that's the ticket :blink: :bs:

or (as you state )

One could actually invest some "sweat-equity" into a reworked network by doing the necessary mods. Always a good option . :applaud:

or

Give Up & Buy a whole New System from Harman ( their first choice ) . :D

Guido
02-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Oh swell...

Let's say he can find 2 044Ti's. Would they fit into the baffle cutout?
The network should fit I think.

4313B
02-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Let's say he can find 2 044Ti's. Would they fit into the baffle cutout?Yes, they will fit the cutout.

hector.murray
02-05-2005, 09:17 AM
keep your eyes open on ebay and you might find some, though I dare say competition will be fierce, so crack open your wallet. (mortgage the house?) I think there are 3 others here in the same predicament. As for myself, I have acquired a pair of 066s' recently, so I'm out of the running for a month or so.......
Which reminds me........
THANK YOU ZILCH & AUDIOBEER :bouncy:

Speaking of mortgaging the house, some fool mortgaged his home to go to the stupid bowl this year. Sheesh.........

Peter Kaae
02-05-2005, 09:26 AM
thanks ye´all..I might have to figure out something else!

/Peter

Earl K
02-05-2005, 09:47 AM
As for myself, I have acquired a pair of 066s' recently, so I'm out of the running for a month or so.......

Hector,

Oh,,,,Good For You !!! Excellent ! That'll help your project heaps !

That was nice of ZILCH & AUDIOBEER to help you out . :applaud:

:cheers: