PDA

View Full Version : Sessions LP

Dougie
02-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Back in the 70's JBL had an LP record called " Sessions ". It was a demo album that audio stores used to demo loudspeakers like the L-100 and L-300's etc. I used to own a copy but it has since gone missing.......wouldn't mind having another copy in reasonable condition.

Does anyone here remember that album ??

Thansks;

Doug

pbda
02-02-2005, 04:33 AM
Sure do. I had a copy in the mid-seventies when I was in high school. It subsequently disappeared, but I bought a replacement on eBay last year.

It has some excellent tunes on it that I've never heard anywhere else (Devil on My Shoulder by Alex Harvey, Patriarch and Blind by Rick Ruskin/Dick Rosmini) and it showcases (naturally) JBL Century L-100s rather nicely.

There's one available from a seller in the UK on eBay at the moment, and copies do turn up from time to time on eBay and elsewhere. You can also check a used music website like musicstack.com.

stevem
02-02-2005, 11:43 AM
OK, you made me look, and sure enuff I still have my copy. It still has the 8 page booklet inside, which gives a copyright date of 1973. I don't want to part with it, though.

Don Mascali
02-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Rather than own a copy, I wonder if JBL or whomever would get their panties in a wad if "someone" would volunteer to share a wav file?

I would be interested in hearing what music they chose to highlight the speakers. I have a pair of L-100s in my Living Room and have been impressed even compared to my HT/Dedicated Listening Room at many times the cost...

droh
02-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Through some unexpected good luck I wont two auctions last summer (you should never bid on two at once) and have two good copies of this album. My intent was to rip this thing and make a CD of it, then maybe offer it to my Lansing Heritage friends. But alas when I dug out the old turntable it was feeling quite ill. A new cartridge and belt later I find out it also needs a motor. So I shelved the project.

But I would be happy to give one of the albums to fellow member in exchange for ripping it and sending me a CD.

sonofagun
02-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I still have a copy in A-1 shape that I've enjoyed much and even posted about a few months back.

I'll ask here - whoever can listen to it - who does the narrator sound like to you?

Perhaps there's a way to post at least a side or two here where it can be logged into and listened to(?).

Don't ask me to - I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to!

speakerdave
02-03-2005, 07:01 PM
I have a copy. It's informative about at least one style of recording method of that time. Pretty interesting, I thought. I'm into it for about $14. Anyone can have it who will send me $18 including postage in the US and Ireland. (I guess by rights, thread starter Dougie has dibs). Send me a PM if interested.

David