PDA

View Full Version : JPG of L-100 front label needed

jlovda
02-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Would someone out there be able to talk a really clear digital picture of the thin aluminum L-100 front label? I want to recreate it on my PC with CorelDraw or a like program. Please try to shoot perpendicular so the image does not look like a parallelegram. I would appreciate getting the outside dimensions and the diameters of the two L-pad holes.

I am actually refurbishing a pair of L-88P's and want to "convert" them into L-100's. That is why I don't have any original L-100 labels to work with. After I create some nice artwork, I will see what the cost would be for a short run. If I'm successful, I'll put the info on this forum. I wonder if I'll run into copyright problems since the JBL name is on these labels.

I noticed on ebay that there is a fellow named "billybass" (I think). He sells guitars, amps and speakers. In his ebay store he sells replacement aluminum labels that are glued to the back of alnico magnets on some of the bigger JBL musical instrument woofers. They are oval with a center hole for the vent screen.

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it!

John Lovda

4313B
02-01-2005, 09:53 AM
I wonder if I'll run into copyright problems since the JBL name is on these labels.Probably, but who cares? We'll raffle a bunch of L100's for your defense fund.

boputnam
02-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Probably, but who cares? We'll raffle a bunch of L100's for your defense fund. Dammit, Giskard!!! :bash:

:rotfl:

GordonW
02-01-2005, 12:11 PM
I have a single L100 label (actually one of each, early L100 and late model L100A) loose, removed from cabinet, now. Lemme know where to mail them to... you can scan them, whatevever, and just mail them back to me when you're done...

Regards,
Gordon.