PDA

View Full Version : 4333 foilcals

andywin
01-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Could'nt source 4333 foilcals anywhere so I made my own.
OK... not original, but beggars can't be choosers

4313B
01-31-2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

OK... not original, but beggars can't be choosersI don't give a s@%t!!! They look freakin' awesome!

paragon
01-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Very good Work !!!:applaud:

Eckhard

andywin
01-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Thank you Giskard.. I used your template! :D

and herzlichen dank fuer den Beistand und dem freundlichen Nachricht. Diese Nachricht ist fuer Eckhard. :cheers:

Andy

4313B
01-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Thank you Giskard.. I used your template! :D Oh! Well, that's why we posted them I guess. :)

John
01-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Those look like they will work quite nicely:applaud: Now your going to have to share a few tips on how the rest of us can do that:blah: PLEASE:D

paragon
01-31-2005, 01:12 PM
Warst du in germany ?? I know Hammersmith in Herford and Harwood and of course Senne (Augustdorf). Never saw "Rhein Armee Summer Show".:(

Eckhard

paragon
01-31-2005, 01:13 PM
Sorry, of topic .

andywin
01-31-2005, 01:30 PM
1 save Giskards scanned image
2 paste into word document
3 right click and format object
4 adjust size to correct dimensions
5 buy silver metalic inkjet film
6 print at photo quality :rockon2:
7 now the tricky bit ..... cutting it out neatly including holes for Lpads :D

Eckhard
Andy war nicht, aber ich bin in Hamburg aufgewachsen.
Sabine seine Frau :wave:

PVC
03-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Hi, where are de scans or Giskard? And is it possible to have some scans of L65 foilcals?

PVC

Steve Gonzales
03-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Boy, that PROVES, if there's a will, there's a WAY!! OUTSTANDING! :applaud:

Guido
03-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Well done Andy!

Thats the only way to get those old foilcals. I use similar techniques.

But MS Word ???
:biting:

evans224
03-06-2005, 05:51 PM
I tried getting foilcals from JBL for the 4311 project I'm working on- the lady I spoke with (who was very helpful) explained that they lost a lot of that kind of stuff in the Northridge earthquake.

One other question, what kind of paper are they printed on, silver film??

mech986
03-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Hi, anyone have a link to the scans, I searched but couldn't come up with them. :banghead: Thanks.

Bart

Hofmannhp
03-07-2005, 02:57 AM
........5 buy silver metalic inkjet film
6 print at photo quality :rockon2:
....... :wave:

Hey Andy,
great work....need also two of them for my DIY 4333 (see Photo in the Photogalerie with the brown grille)

where can I get this silver metalic inkjet film? fabr. ? type?...and can you mail me the pic file..

thanks in advance

HP

Guido
03-07-2005, 04:23 AM
Hi, anyone have a link to the scans, I searched but couldn't come up with them. :banghead: Thanks.

Bart

http://audioheritage.csdco.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2373

andywin
03-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Well done Andy!

Thats the only way to get those old foilcals. I use similar techniques.

But MS Word ???
:biting:

Used ms word :spchless: ...........because most people have it and it's simple

Guido
03-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Used ms word :spchless: ...........because most people have it and it's simple

Don't worry! I just do not like Ole Bill :D

Mr. Widget
03-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey Andy,
great work....need also two of them for my DIY 4333 (see Photo in the Photogalerie with the brown grille)

where can I get this silver metalic inkjet film? fabr. ? type?...and can you mail me the pic file..

thanks in advance

HP

In the photo the metallic film has some strange looking flaws in the center of the sheet. Is it just in the photo? Does the metallic film have a look similar to an anodized beadblasted aluminum like the originals?

I have not seen this film and am interested in fabr. type... as well. I think I would recommend that next time you drop out the color in the silver area. The real ones are aluminum with black and orange printed on them. I can see a gray screening in the "clear" areas of yours.

All that said, they are way better than nada or printed paper. Cool tip. :applaud:

Widget

andywin
03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
In the photo the metallic film has some strange looking flaws in the center of the sheet. Is it just in the photo? Does the metallic film have a look similar to an anodized beadblasted aluminum like the originals?

I have not seen this film and am interested in fabr. type... as well. I think I would recommend that next time you drop out the color in the silver area. The real ones are aluminum with black and orange printed on them. I can see a gray screening in the "clear" areas of yours.

All that said, they are way better than nada or printed paper. Cool tip. :applaud:

Widget

The metallic film comes in a pack of 5 gold and 5 silver and is basically a metallic version of inkjet transparency film. To quote the packaging it's " A one-sided coated film for high definition inkjet printing". It is 100 microns thick. Image quality is 720 dpi.
The side I printed on was the coated surface that has a textured feel as this would allow higher quality printing. The obverse side is much smoother and shinier but I'm not sure it would hold the ink so well. I may try it out and see.
I left in the feint greyish/silver area as I liked the result and it made cutting out so much easier. The "flaws" are just reflections of the camera flash in the textured coating.
The film is an own brand product from WH Smith and Co in the UK (the UK's largest high st stationary retailer) It retails for 7.99 GBP (approx $15) for the pack of 10 mixed gold and silver. They have a web site but I don't know if they post internationally

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/whs/Go.asp

andywin
03-07-2005, 05:02 PM
This it the product I used

Mr. Widget
03-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Very Cool. I'll have to keep an eye out for it or a similar product.
Thanks for the thorough posts!

Widget

Hofmannhp
03-08-2005, 12:35 AM
Very Cool. I'll have to keep an eye out for it or a similar product.
...Widget

Me too Widget.....
it seems that 3M maybe the best source....I saw in german fabrication websites for badges and other types of such things that 3M also has selfadhesive anodizided aluminium foils....but another problem is, how to print with standard inkjet printers on aluminium.
Maybe it's easier for you to find something in the 3M catalogue in US.
Andywin was so kind to contact me too with the layout and the material and I will also get this WH Smith sheets.

HP

rjtimmerman
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
I remake all the 4300 series muli printed on pure thin aluminum. Die cut holes and rounded corners-comes with 3M 467MP peel and stick back adhesive.
also L series including grill badges all styles.
[email protected]