PDA

View Full Version : SRX712M - audition

boputnam
01-30-2005, 04:41 PM
I bought a passel of these wedges to upgrade my stage monitor system. They are pricy, boy-howdy. But...

:applaud:
They are remarkable. Very flat right outa the carton. I EQ'd them with my Ashly Protea system using SmaartLIVE, and really minor and very few adjustments were required. They sound great - no obvious resonance(s).

Components:
LF - 2262H 12-in Differential Drive woofer, neodymium motor and dual voice coil
HF - 2431H 3-in voice coil, neodymium motor compression driver
weight - 33lbs (15kg)
Dimensions - 21.5x13.75x10.25 inches

They are switchable passive (1.2kHz) or bi-amp.

http://www.jblpro.com/srx700/SRX700_Flash_Presentation/JBL.SRX712M.pdf

mikebake
01-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Those are beauties; whats the price tag?

boputnam
01-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Retail is $1,199 a copy. Might as well go wireless... :(

mikebake
01-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Wireless monitors? Hmmm, don't follow the industry enough to have been aware of that! So they are self-powered and wireless? Who makes them and how well do they work?

johnaec
01-31-2005, 09:30 AM
Wireless monitors? Hmmm, don't follow the industry enough to have been aware of that! So they are self-powered and wireless? Who makes them and how well do they work?'Probably talking about the wireless "earplug" monitors...

John

boputnam
01-31-2005, 08:24 PM
'Probably talking about the wireless "earplug" monitors...
:yes:

Obviates stage-originated feedback. Everyone is on in-ears. Downside is these are so isolating the band cannot talk to themselves without some on-stage ambient mics for them only (they do not go into the Mains mix), and perhaps some mics for audience noise, as well.

http://www.shure.com/psm/models/p6tre3.asp - but go with the E5, dual driver buds...

mikebake
01-31-2005, 09:01 PM
Okay, duh, yeah, in-ears.................I pondered that you meant that, but for all I knew there was some wireless wedge thingie (which didn't make much sense to me...............)

Anyway, yeah, the first time I was on a stage with wireless 10-12 years ago, Spyro Gyra (!) at a local festival, and it was great. I don't like all the cacophony on stage, but most of the stuff I do is still wedges and over-loud backline...................Now though, some regional and local level acts are doing the in-ear and it's nice to see. I just don't like loud stages and like seeing FOH having complete control..............
MBB

pelly3s
02-01-2005, 06:23 AM
I have tried the 715's, and 718's so far I am waiting to get the rest of the line in stock. they are great sounding boxes and hell just the weight difference makes them worth it.