PDA

View Full Version : JBL has discontinued its Musical Instrument Speakers??

Robh3606
07-10-2003, 04:58 PM
I was looking around today and found several sites where there was no stock and were posted as discontinued. The E series is not listed in there new online Pro catalog. What's up are there replacements coming, Am I nuts, or is this the end of the line??

scott fitlin
07-10-2003, 07:59 PM
Its been discontinued for some time already. I guess they werent selling enough of them to keep doing production runs!

And its kinda sad too, because to me JBL MI speakers were pretty classic! :(

Don McRitchie
07-14-2003, 06:55 PM
:jawdrop:The speaker that started it all - the D130 (most recently E130) - is dead? We need to hold a wake.

boputnam
07-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Just name the local.

I'll box-up the 4345's - we're there...

Tom Loizeaux
07-15-2003, 05:34 PM
It is sad. Though the "JBL sound" has not been the most popular sound in musical instruments amps for a while, JBL still made the highest quality drivers for that kind of abuse. EV stopped making musical instrument drivers some time ago, so that leaves... RCF and a bunch of lower quality drivers from Eminence, Peavy, Jensen, etc.
JBL, Altec, Gauss and EV were tops...now they're all gone! It is sad!

Tom

Charley Rummel
07-15-2003, 05:55 PM
Unless I'm missing something, JBL Professional is still showing the 'E' series on their websight as though its current production. I can't speak for their methods of operation, but I know that it is common place for manufacturers to sometimes spread out production runs in groups, rather than to run continuously. If any of you are involved in turnkey manufacturing, you'll know what I mean, especially when you've had to deal with vendors who can't get you your materials short of a 26 week lead time.

Has anyone contacted JBL Professional directly about this?

Regards,
Charley