PDA

View Full Version : Jbl Tik Sub

korgroenewoud
01-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Which of the members have experience with the JBL subwoofer TIK sub. Woofer is i think the sub 1500. I never heard him.
Is it comparable with the f.i. B380 ?

4313B
01-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Which of the members have experience with the JBL subwoofer TIK sub. Woofer is i think the sub 1500. I never heard him.
Is it comparable with the f.i. B380 ?It is "light years" ahead of the old B380.

The TiK Master Sub: Built-In DSP Equalization for a New Level of Sonic Accuracy

The new TiK Master Sub is the most advanced subwoofer ever created by JBL. This unique subwoofer includes a 600-watt amplifier and the specially developed Sub1500 driver, featuring a 15-inch Kevlar ® /cellulose composite cone driver and substantial 32-pound motor structure for extraordinary low-frequency output all the way down to 20Hz. The TiK’s performance is further augmented by its built-in BassQ low-frequency correction technology that utilizes advanced proprietary DSP equalization technology to compensate for the peaks and dips in frequency response that are inherent in every room. The Master Sub includes a microphone and calibration system that enables users and installers to automatically calibrate low-frequency response using the supplied wireless remote to obtain optimum in-room bass response with significantly more realistic reproduction of movie soundtracks and music.

TiK Sub

In addition, JBL now offers its TiK Sub, identical to the TiK Master Sub but without the built-in BassQ circuit.
The TiK Sub is ideal for use as an add-on in large-scale home-theater installations requiring multiple subwoofers; up to three TiK Subs can be linked to the TiK Master Sub and the entire multiple-subwoofer setup can be calibrated using the BassQ room correction circuit.

Zilch
01-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Where are y'all seeing this product?

I find TlK on the JBL site, but no sub....

johnaec
01-15-2005, 12:52 PM
The Master Sub includes a microphone and calibration system...I just picked up one of the LSR room correction calibrations systems off eBay. 'Haven't plugged it in yet, but 'looks to be pretty cool. It has an SPL and a test CD with LF warble tones every 1/10 octave, along with charting paper and even a template for figuring filter Q. I'm hoping this will let me fine LF tune with parametric EQ - 'should be much more definitive that the standard 1/3 octave RTA.

John

korgroenewoud
02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=Giskard]It is "light years" ahead of the old B380.

The TiK Master Sub: Built-In DSP Equalization for a New Level of Sonic Accuracy

I bought a TIK SUB and indeed its lightyears ahead of the B 380.
In Holland the TIK Master is not available anymore. Was not even sold here.
Do you know how you can manage equalization with the TIK SUB?

Kor

4313B
02-23-2005, 01:07 PM
I haven't looked at this but maybe this will help:

http://international.jbl.com/home/product_support/default.asp?language=ENGLISH

http://international.jbl.com/home/products/ownersPDF/TiK%20Sub%20manual.pdf

Let us know.

korgroenewoud
02-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Hello Giskard,

Well i can't find anything about equalization. In the manual they only talk about connecting to a TIK Master SUB.

Kor