PDA

View Full Version : Amazing HiFi collection

andywin
01-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Just thought I'd share with you my favorite website (it makes me green with envy)
I've attached the URL for room 5 with the JBL stuff but click on the other rooms on the map and feast your eyes on the most amazing stuff.

http://www.gokudo.co.jp/Vanguard/room5/room5.htm

John
01-09-2005, 12:00 AM
That dude should think about looking in to a slightly larger room to play in!!!:eek:

Bernard Wolf
01-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Married ?? :applaud:

Steve Gonzales
01-09-2005, 07:19 AM
What an AWESOME display of GOODIES!!

paragon
01-09-2005, 09:57 AM
The ultimate HiFi-Freak !! Great !
What is in his basement ? :applaud:
Lager room ? In Japan ? Where ?

Eckhard

JBLGUY
01-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Unbelievable:applaud:

Titanium Dome
01-09-2005, 02:13 PM
:jawdrop: !!!!!!

Dynacoman
01-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Super Stereo, too bad it's wasted on that room.:(

Jim

lfh
01-09-2005, 06:22 PM
That's one of my favorite Japaneze sites as well. Babelfish may come handy when surfing those pages (http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr).

pelly3s
01-09-2005, 07:22 PM
someone has too much money and too much time on their hands makes me really jealous. my better half told me she would let me have all that in the house if i could afford it. i wouldnt know what to do with it all

David Dryden
01-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Nice setup! I am interested in the use of the two Altec 1567A mixers. I have a pair that I've owned since high school that I haven't fired up in years.

sonofagun
01-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Ahh so!:jawdrop:

Ian Mackenzie
01-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Why not invite him to be a member?

Ian

louped garouv
01-10-2005, 03:42 PM
gets mad because I have Altec 19s in the basement!

I need to win the lotto.............

boputnam
01-10-2005, 04:12 PM
:blink: Yea, but look at what he/she's doing or has done with those 4350's - they're standing on their head!! The UHF is removed, as is the HF, and there's two of each (of overlapping range and different diffraction lenses) stacked atop the (inverted...) cabinet. Assuming it's all wired-up - egads!!

And, it seems the ports were covered-over, too, at one point... :screwy:

Are those 1500AL's in there...? :spin:

:useless:

lfh
01-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Check out the other sections of the site as well

http://www.gokudo.co.jp/index2.htm

and then e.g. 'Recent News'. Those cats are serious! Also try the links, e.g. this one

http://www.hpmix.com/home/yam911/AI7.htm

Why not invite him to be a member?

Ian

Sounds like a good idea! Maybe Don could contact him? It would be nice to see more enthusiasts from Japan here!

Robh3606
01-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Check this out a 9500 with LE-14A's and slots!

http://www.gokudo.co.jp/index2.htm

Robh3606
01-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Ian, Bo check this out:bouncy:

And I thought we were twisted!!!!!:D

Rob:)

lfh
01-10-2005, 06:02 PM
I figure we see the faces of some of the eBay "top dogs" on those pages :yes:

Mr. Widget
01-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I did notice a plethora of 4350s on those pages, but dual 4345s... with the scoops and trophy supertweeters....wow!!!!

Widget

lfh
01-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Stacked 4350s + tweeter is also a nice setup... :)

Robh3606
01-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Is it me am I the only one here to get the feeling all the 4344/4345/and 4350's are in Japan!!!!!:blink: I know some of you own a couple of pairs but!!!!:wtf: You see all kinds of really nice vintage stuff! I can understand why JBL offers what they do in Japan. Is that a JBL club or is that the norm???? If that's the norm I would be doing my selling there too. Some of those collections are like mini museums.

Don McRitchie
01-10-2005, 10:32 PM
JBL used to refer to the 4343 and larger monitors as the "Japanese Bookshelf Speakers". They sold far more into Japan than into the studio market. BTW, has anyone found an email address on this site? I would like to contact them but I can't find any email references.

Guido
01-11-2005, 04:28 AM
This is the weirdest thing I've seen :hyp: :hyp:

These guys are absolutely amazing :bouncy:

If you survived the JBL overkill then look at these gazillion of amplifiers :shock:

Let's make a JBL vintage tour to japan. What do you guys think ???

luvvinvinyl
01-11-2005, 05:54 AM
...BTW, has anyone found an email address on this site? I would like to contact them but I can't find any email references.

I couldn't find a link to e-mail, just the Guestbook, to sign. However, it seems he already knows about this site, as it is listed in the links page. It would be fitting, to formally invite him to join, and a class act, per your usual standards, to do so. I am sure it would be well received.

Andreas
01-11-2005, 06:37 AM
... in this world :cool:

Check out this site:

http://www.royaldevice.com/custom.htm#THE%20REAL%20TOTAL%20HORN

"The Biggest SUBWOOFER of the WORLD, for the most esoteric Audio and AUDIO-VIDEO Room of the World. The Highest efficiency ever obtained with NO hearable distortion using NO feedback tube low power amplifiers and NO crossover on the speakers."

I still enjoy my music and gear...

rgds
Andreas

paragon
01-11-2005, 07:56 AM
Look this big Mid(?)-High driver on top of the 4350.
Looks like a big Fostex or Coral.

Eckhard

Steve Gonzales
01-11-2005, 09:08 AM
I've got to go over there and SCHMOOZE!!. I am just amazed at the UNIVERSAL appeal of our common passion!. I like that idea of a group trip over there, kind of a JBL Vacation Cruise, Hell, Disney has it's own theme cruise and that's over a frickin CARTOON MOUSE!;)

boputnam
01-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Ian, Bo check this out:bouncy: Egads... That almost makes me feel crummy - there's plenty there to go around... :blink:

And, from what I can see, those 4345's might be running full-range passive. I know what he's missing.

Mr. Widget
01-11-2005, 10:55 AM
And, from what I can see, those 4345's might be running full-range passive. I know what he's missing.

Are you kidding! One pair passive will sound better than that pile! I don't think sound quality is the goal here anymore than taking the family Hummer to the store for a sixpack is about performance.

Widget

Robh3606
01-11-2005, 11:00 AM
"Are you kidding! One pair passive will sound better than that pile! I don't think sound quality is the goal here anymore than taking the family Hummer to the store for a sixpack is about performance."

Yeah I agree with you. Looks to me like he can run more than one set-up so he can switch. Figure one pair of those 4345 are modified. I doubt the whole system is up at once.

JBLGUY
01-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Yes I also wonder how that whole pile sounds. Maybe it is two systems like you guys suggest. Anyway he one of us so let's not kill him just yet LOL:) :) :blink:

Mr. Widget
01-11-2005, 11:23 AM
No one's killing him. It is just the enormity of the excess makes you wonder. Personally I am more impressed with his collection of electronics!

Widget

Charlie4350
01-11-2005, 01:56 PM
It's all beautiful to my eyes. Awesome collection of JBL and electronics.

lfh
01-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Don McRitchie:
"...BTW, has anyone found an email address on this site? I would like to contact them but I can't find any email references."

I couldn't find a link to e-mail, just the Guestbook, to sign. However, it seems he already knows about this site, as it is listed in the links page. It would be fitting, to formally invite him to join, and a class act, per your usual standards, to do so. I am sure it would be well received.

Here's a Babelfish translation of the start page:

"Me, the software which to today is recorded to that times with the acoustic reproducing arrangement from 1920 age which one amateur gathered with hobby re-raising Impression of music and sound is enjoyed. Even, alone we would like you to share this impression in many ones, as an audio museum Tell to everyone it has done.

Recently,the word, audio is widely used, but because it is old, you do not think. Because is the word which was used in the world of the wine, when being made from, the name item in the future becomes t . As for old sufficient ones you think that word of antique, , classic and ancient audio is suitable, It is not the meaning whose simply just those which is history are good.It is the warm knowledgenew. As for good ones there are every age.
The music which you hear jazz is main, but you hear also and the lock with feeling of that time.

Because the one which has interest in audio and music tell it does please, the upper coming mansion of reservation.
TEL 046-822-0750 Fax 046-825-8484 it is Mikami.

As for the speaker which presently can be heard
Western electric,WE 12 A horn,WE 13 A horn,WE 15 B hornandWE 24 A horn, WE 25B horn, WE 555, WE 594, WE 597, WE 757 monitor,
anddecker ,JBL,RCAOlson maze type monitor,
andƒ… craton,Lansingplain gauze Ra horn system,
The London western20/80 speaker systems,RCAM I 624 horns,
JBL C- 31,JBL4350remodelling 4Wey multiple, JBLL 300,
acoustictorio + 4bus horns of up-to-date type,arbiter pre-
You can hear.
As for the vacuum tube of the amplifier which you can hearWE 300 B,WE 205 D,WE212andRCA 2 A 3,RCA 50, RE 604,
It is WE350Band F2a11 etc.."

Let's make a JBL vintage tour to japan. What do you guys think ???

Great idea! Count me in! :D As seen above, it seems it's actually possible to make an appointment and come listen to the collection! (Looks like it's a private collection turned into museum?) A visit to Hi-Fi Do should also be on the agenda, of course.

lfh
01-11-2005, 03:29 PM
"Looks to me like he can run more than one set-up so he can switch. Figure one pair of those 4345 are modified. I doubt the whole system is up at once.

I think so, too. This is not a "wall of sound" - this is "mega bucks wine tasting" :) (Babelfish maybe gives some support for this theory: (Picture text belonging to one of the dual 4345 pics) "JBL2245HT +, you observe to the difference of")

Tom Loizeaux
01-11-2005, 07:26 PM
An impressive collection of stuff! He's obviously a vintage audio fan.
I suspect, however, that the crowded listening rooms only detract from the performance of those systems. Correct seat placement relative to the speakers and minimal reflections are necessary...and probably not attainable in those rooms.
Just my .02

Tom

dennis
01-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Ha Ha

For those who don't read Japanese, it's a museum in Yokosuka.

Visit there when you tour Japan!

Mr. Widget
01-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Cool!, could you give us a brief synopsis?

Widget

Guido
01-13-2005, 04:44 AM
OK, here we go.

To tour japan we first need a japanese and english speaking board member who will join us. I think you agree.
Otherwise we will find ourdselves a bit lost :p

So who's jumping in?

Guido
01-13-2005, 04:50 AM
Ha Ha

For those who don't read Japanese, it's a museum in Yokosuka.

Visit there when you tour Japan!

It's one hour from Tokyo :bouncy:

markymark
01-14-2005, 05:27 PM
What's amazing to me is you never see any wires! I'm wondering if all of it is really hooked up or is it wireless.

lfh
02-03-2005, 04:58 PM
To tour japan we first need a japanese and english speaking board member who will join us. I think you agree.
Otherwise we will find ourselves a bit lost :p

So who's jumping in?

Still no volunteers?

Alex Lancaster
02-03-2005, 10:42 PM
:p Washat "board" or broad?

Viking
02-04-2005, 03:00 PM
So where does this fellow sleep - I suppose he works most of the time anyway :)

kevinkemp2001
02-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Hello Guys

Now as far as volunteering I will be glad to help in anyway possible since I am pretty familiar with the area close to Tokyo. I lived in a small little city outside Tokyo called Sagamihara which houses an OLD Nissan factory and the Warehouses for the US Military. Every time I went to the Depot I saw a building with all these Classic names in Audio. One early afternoon I ventured inside and MAN I saw more in that little store than in lot of so called audio shops in the US. Inside this small store was more product per square foot than in all the ports that I have ever visited when I was in the Military including Singapores Adelphi Mall, Hong Kong and Korea. They were my favorite places to look at audio. When I first entered the Military I purchased through the Exchange which had an incredible selection of the very best from all the Japanese and American manufacturers, but those times are long gone. Well getting back to the store inside were 3 EMT Turntables, 2 JBL Hartsfields, 1 EV Patrician, 10 Mcintosh 275, and 2 blue colored LE15s that said NOT FOR SALE. An OLD Mcintosh Professional Amp and a Record cutting machine as well as a cabinet full of Mcintosh Tubes. This type of store is not a rarity in Japan since there is a huge following of the Classic speakers and Electronics. This store advertises regularly in StereoSound magazine. http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Kevin

andywin
02-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Steve

That sounds like it must be Jupiter Audio, probably the worlds ultimate vintage Hi Fi shop. They have another shop in Akihabara too.

Andy