PDA

View Full Version : JBL UREI 5235 Input and out impedance mismatch

jbljr
05-07-2020, 11:09 AM
Hello everyone,

Recently got my 5235 electronic crossover up and running.

One of my preamps balanced output is 200ohms 4v RMS and another preamp balanced output is 600hm (unknown voltage). Everything is balanced connected no SE. From DAC to Preamp to 5235 to amps.

The 5235 sounds absolutely amazing with the 600ohm output preamp. But when I run it through the 200ohm preamp it sounds weak and not so crystal clear.

Is this an impedance issue? Or an issue with the preamp?

The preamps in questions are a MiniDSP SHD home edition (200ohm) and Schitt freya plus (600ohm). On the Freya I only use the compound differential buffer output, no tube stage.

Any help would be much appreciated as I would love to use the SHD to conduct room correction profiles.

grumpy
05-07-2020, 03:36 PM
See section 5

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Vintage%20JBL-UREI%20Electronics/JBL-5235%20manual.pdf

might check input pin 2-3 polarities vs your gear (if sensitive to this)... (?) and output is unbalanced.

Hello everyone,

Recently got my 5235 electronic crossover up and running.

One of my preamps balanced output is 200ohms 4v RMS and another preamp balanced output is 600hm (unknown voltage). Everything is balanced connected no SE. From DAC to Preamp to 5235 to amps.

The 5235 sounds absolutely amazing with the 600ohm output preamp. But when I run it through the 200ohm preamp it sounds weak and not so crystal clear.

Is this an impedance issue? Or an issue with the preamp?

The preamps in questions are a MiniDSP SHD home edition (200ohm) and Schitt freya plus (600ohm). On the Freya I only use the compound differential buffer output, no tube stage.

Any help would be much appreciated as I would love to use the SHD to conduct room correction profiles.