PDA

View Full Version : JBL LX4-1 crossover?

engineerjoe
01-18-2020, 07:48 PM
I have an offer to get the crossovers but I can't find any info on them. I saved an old chart but it jumps to lx5 crossovers. Does anyone here know info on these like frequency, power handling, etc.

Odd
01-19-2020, 05:21 AM
jbl lx4-185677

engineerjoe
01-19-2020, 07:58 AM
Thanks!
The first time I did a search right here on the forum, I did not see that info. Last night I did another search, after a lead on the model it was used inside. I got that on another forum. I was directed right back here to this forum.
Looks like they're not for me. I need higher power for pro stage monitor use. I used the 3110s in the past. I think the 3120A would be perfect. However it just seems that I should go electric (active). I did in the past and other engineer's complained it was too complicated to run. I probably need to do a better job setting and locking the system to prevent changes that make it perform less than desired.
I think the old Ashley crossover I used, may have just had the knobs turned accidently? or even turned in error trying to adjust for better performance?
Using the newer DSPs should prevent that accidently. I may lock the face's knobs, to prevent people dabbling where they don't belong.

Mr. Widget
01-19-2020, 12:20 PM
I really wouldn’t mess around with any of the vintage JBL crossovers, they are not particularly wonderful and usually sell for a premium. Of course, if you are restoring a vintage system, that’s a different story.

These Ashly DSP crossovers are quite nice and very reasonable for a premium quality USA built crossover. I use one on my Sub1500s in my Project Widget system. It works flawlessly, and yes, you can lock everyone out. It has a simple windows interface, or you can fuss with the knobs and buttons.

https://ashly.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/protea-48SP-36SP-r06.pdf

Widget