PDA

View Full Version : C37 with LE14C

oldsoundz
10-24-2019, 08:59 AM
Hi folks. I've just acquired these C37 and looking for some input. They have an odd load it seems, in the 14c. I'm wondering if the port cut in the baffle is tuned to the 14 or if they came with a standard cut out? It seems there is an adapter to fit the 14 and I was thinking it would be nice to fit an 001 system but maybe not if it is tuned to the 14. Thoughts?

Mr. Widget
10-24-2019, 12:47 PM
First, I would check your surrounds. If they have been treated and are very flexible or if they have been replaced, then I’d look into the tuning. To verify the tuning, you’ll likely need to measure it. There are several methods requiring varying levels of test gear.

FWIW: Even if they are “correct”, they probably could be better. Bass tuning was very hit or miss when those cabinets were built.

Beautiful cabinets by the way.

Widget

oldsoundz
10-25-2019, 12:11 PM
Thanks for chiming in, Mr. Widget. I'll need to pull the drivers to check the surrounds. Hopefully this weekend. Just thought if someone knew it might make deciding what to do easier on me :) Will probably try to freshen these up for now and see how they sound. I've always love the look of the c series and low boy speakers.