PDA

View Full Version : RS 3087 expiry date

budney
09-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Gearing up to do some recones, and I’ve found my glue has apparently expired :( does anyone know if this will still be good? This glue isn’t cheap, would be annoying if I had to buy more

Earl K
09-03-2019, 09:50 AM
Your aftermarket recone kits came from Sound Speaker Repair ( if I remember correctly ), therefore its best to ask them about glue questions like this.

Alternately, ask GordonW ( through a private message over at AudioKarma ) if he has any experience with expired glue ( he might have been forced to use a bit in the past and might share some experience with you ).

Just be sensitive to the the fact that many reconers may be reluctant to share experience on using expired product in a commercial setting.

:)

budney
09-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Your aftermarket recone kits came from Sound Speaker Repair ( if I remember correctly ), therefore its best to ask them about glue questions like this.

Those kits actually came with their own RS 3087 glue, and I’ve sent them an email to see if it’s still usable. But I figured if I’m checking glue, I may as well check the JBL glue too!

macaroonie
09-03-2019, 01:17 PM
Why don't you sniff it ? If it smells good it is good :thmbsup::thmbsup::thmbsup:

DogBox
09-19-2019, 04:33 PM
Why don't you sniff it ? If it smells good it is good :thmbsup::thmbsup::thmbsup:

Yeah, and after a good whiff or two your speakers may not look like they need recones afterall! :blink:

(Glue Sniffing is NOT promoted here! It can be Fatal!!!):eek:

DogBox