PDA

View Full Version : is any difference between d2430k and d2430h?

citiscene
04-12-2019, 06:11 AM
I have searched the web but can’t find a difference between either driver other than impedance and price? Are they the same just wired series or parallel?

citiscene
04-26-2019, 07:57 AM
Is there a possibility no one knows? Or did ask a question to detailed to answer in view of Samsung jbl?

baldrick
04-27-2019, 02:26 PM
I’m 99% sure they are the same

tjm001
04-29-2019, 01:23 PM
I have searched the web but can’t find a difference between either driver other than impedance and price? Are they the same just wired series or parallel?

You might get a better answer in the Technical Help forum.

citiscene
04-30-2019, 01:40 PM
besides price and ohms is there any other difference ? i see one is wired in series and the other parallel thanks joey

citiscene
04-30-2019, 01:41 PM
You might get a better answer in the Technical Help forum.
i figures they might be the same i will post in the technical forum thanks again joey

Mr. Widget
05-01-2019, 07:52 AM
I have zero experience with these drivers, but it appears the K version is used in the M2 and the H version is used in the PA systems. It is possible that there is the previously mentioned wiring change, but possibly the drivers intended for the M2 systems must pass additional QC and meet higher tolerances.

Widget

citiscene
05-01-2019, 01:24 PM
I have zero experience with these drivers, but it appears the K version is used in the M2 and the H version is used in the PA systems. It is possible that there is the previously mentioned wiring change, but possibly the drivers intended for the M2 systems must pass additional QC and meet higher tolerances.

Widget
widget thanks , i was able to find out there are 3 part numbers , one for m2( a regular k with additional quality control) , k and h with the last two are pa all 3 versions are 32 / 8 ohm respectively. i cant find a difference between the 2 pa versions other than ohms all 3 versions are 2 x 16 ohm coils
i just ordered a few h to see how they work vs a 2453h-sl driver on the same waveguide.
joey

Jakob
07-07-2019, 02:57 AM
Hi Joey,
Have you had the time to try them out yet?
Im thinking of using one in a center channel build. The -H is about half the price of the -K at speaker exchange. Weird if its the same driver only with other wiring of the diaphragms...

johnlcnm
07-08-2019, 07:32 AM
Hi Joey,
Have you had the time to try them out yet?
Im thinking of using one in a center channel build. The -H is about half the price of the -K at speaker exchange. Weird if its the same driver only with other wiring of the diaphragms...
And the two 16 Ohms are externally hooked up on the K's. Don't know about the H's. I have an old pair of K's sitting around. External spade lugs on both. Marked Front and Back driver, plus and minus. The ones I have were hooked up in series.