PDA

View Full Version : LE10h-1

hector.murray
12-30-2004, 10:24 PM
I have a pair of LE10H-1s, one needs a surround and I think that the other needs a recone, as the cone sits very deep in the gap (this ones surround is toasted too) and it seems to stick if I lift it up. DCR values are good on both. What is the differance between an LE10H-1 and an LE10H?
I'm thinking of building a pair of 4313s with these as I already have these LF drivers, the LE5-2 mids and a pair 4313 crossovers.
Suggestions anyone?

4313B
12-31-2004, 03:16 AM
The only difference between the two is visual. The LE10H has the white aquaplas on the back of the cone. The LE10H-1 has the white aquaplas on the front of the cone. JBL has marked the LE10H-1 recone kit as NLA as soon as current stock has been depleted. Another one bites the dust.

hector.murray
12-31-2004, 10:12 AM
So I should hurry?

pelly3s
12-31-2004, 11:26 AM
the reason it sits deep in the gap could be the spider is fatigued you can change the spider if you want or just recone it. they have a really tight gap and can be a pain to line up

hector.murray
12-31-2004, 12:41 PM
that does make good sense. However, I have never changed a spider, done a recone or a surround (though I 'm going to replace the surround on one of these myself, armed with the recent resurround info posted here and a set of generic surrounds).

I'm game to do it, mind you, just don't quite know how to replace a spider (yet :D ) and I do not have its' replacement part at hand.

I have no fear of doing this, which either makes me a fool or courageous - only time will tell.

Chances are I'll bring the other LE10H to TR systems in the Montreal area for a recone, as they are within driving distance. That or I'll ship it to Orange County speakers. The price on their website was $100 and that seems reasonable, considering I gave $40 for the pair of these.
I certainly appreciate the advice though. It is most welcome.
I also want to say that everyone here deserves some kind of medal for all the help and support that they provide. In a world where help and support is at a premium this forum is a great watershed.

pelly3s
01-01-2005, 12:33 AM
you can ship it to my shop for a recone or whatever we are only in west springfield mass the company name is ATC Audio