PDA

View Full Version : JBL Alpha 1 (S70) Speaker Value

jimimonet
02-20-2019, 02:34 PM
I have a pair of very nice original JBL Alpha 1 (C70) speakers I am thinking of parting with. They seem pretty rare and hard for me to determine a fair value if I put them up for sale. Any Ideas. I see L100's going for upwards of $4k on eBay. These are much more rare and nicer. Thanks for the advice.

BMWCCA
02-20-2019, 08:36 PM
I have a pair of very nice original JBL Alpha 1 (C70) speakers I am thinking of parting with. They seem pretty rare and hard for me to determine a fair value if I put them up for sale. Any Ideas. I see L100's going for upwards of $4k on eBay. These are much more rare and nicer. Thanks for the advice.

An acquaintance of mine had a pair since purchasing them brand new. When he downsized he looked into selling them but just decided for what he could get for them, he'd rather they just go to a good home. So, he managed to fit them in his BMW X4 and delivered them to me from North Carolina, complete with the original printed info and original receipts. Finish needs some help but they're all there. After listening to them, I'd have to say I wouldn't pay much for them. I also own L100s and probably a dozen better JBLs. The Alphas could be very near the bottom of the hierarchy, in my opinion. An L5 for $200 will absolutely put them to shame and make them run into hiding, just to give you some perspective.

Not to rain on your parade but there is some good information here: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?34184-JBL-C70-Alpha-1-s-Need-some-advice

Good luck! :thmbsup: