PDA

View Full Version : smaller C34 replacement for 1.5w tube amplifier

kar2n
01-30-2019, 03:13 PM
Sorry for the new post. I could not find my answer so.....

Anyway, i have had to sell off my C34's because of size. I think the biggest system that i can get is a 4311 monitor size. My vinyl collection is primarily 40/50/60's jazz and some 70's rock & soul. Just looking for a good replacement that will fit my space. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanx

speakerdave
01-31-2019, 10:35 AM
Sorry for the new post. I could not find my answer so.....

Anyway, i have had to sell off my C34's because of size. I think the biggest system that i can get is a 4311 monitor size. My vinyl collection is primarily 40/50/60's jazz and some 70's rock & soul. Just looking for a good replacement that will fit my space. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanx

One prospect that comes to mind would be the Altec Bolero 890C. It might work; I don't know the efficiency rating, but I would guess it is in the 90's w/m. Hard to find and pricey of late, but said to have very nice sound.

It is an interesting problem. Are you limited to a bookshelf speaker, or can you have two patches of floor real estate of the size a 4311 would take up? If you could, then with the hf at ear level you would have more cabinet volume to work with.