PDA

View Full Version : L100T in Home theater setup

man00
01-20-2019, 02:07 PM
The L100t's have been stored away for years, the woofers are rotted and will be repaired. I plan to use them in a home theater setup if possible. I'm not
sure on which receiver to get. My old Yamaha RX900 been put away and I'm sure its toast by now. Lots and lots of things have change since I was in audio
and looking at best buy at these AV receivers not sure how many watts are needed to push the 100t's, any advice would be helpful..My living room is 18x30x8
and I plan to add some rear channel speakers and maybe a subwoofer if the 100t's can't produce the needed bass.
thanks

ARIKIP
01-27-2019, 04:59 PM
L100Ts are an absolutely excellent speaker to use in a home theatre. Around 2008ish I used to have 3x L100T across my front stage....2x L20T for the rear and 2x 18Tis for the rear back. I had these running off a then top of the line Pioneer VSX-LX70 Receiver. It had plenty of Power to drive the JBLs. As good as the JBLs were for bass,you cant beat adding a decent subwoofer or 2. I had a 15" Velodyne. I currently use a slightly different setup with an Integra receiver for atmos/DTS X. Any decent high power receiver should be able to get them L100Ts of yours singing.