PDA

View Full Version : 2405 and 3110 add on Olympus S-7

Alex
12-28-2004, 09:13 AM
:rolleyes: Dear All,

I am confuse the how to connect 2405 and 3110 crossover with correct phase.
Any one know that?
Thanks.

Zilch
12-28-2004, 11:11 AM
Do you have the little installation manual that came with the crossovers? I SWEAR I saw that online somewhere, but can't find it now. See Figure 4 there.

I believe we covered this in an earlier thread, but I can't find that either. :mad:

O.K., you're gonna wire it straight, except S7 reverses the phase of the mid driver (LE85). The two center output terminals on each crossover are common, i.e., internally connected; that helps understanding what's going on here.

A) System input goes to input of 3110. LE15 goes to low frequency (LF) output 1 (red) & 2 (black) of 3110.

B) Input of 3105 goes to high frequency (HF) output 3 (black) and 4 (red) of 3110.

C) 2405 goes to high frequency output 3 (black) and 4 (red) of 3105.

D) LE85 goes to low frequency output 1 (black) and 2 (red) of 3105.

Colors in parentheses are driver terminal colors, except in (B) where it's crossover input terminals.

Note in (D) that the LE85 is wired reverse phase. It doesn't matter. All it does is move the nulls around, presumably pushing them off axis. Try it both ways and see if you have a preference, depending upon your listening position. I'm rarely on axis. [Forum regulars are abundantly aware of this.]

You can also reverse the 2405 phase if you like, too. There's 16 combinations total to try, but the standard wiring gives you a starting point. You have the rest of your life to play with this; take your time. :rolleyes:

Be aware that since the crossovers are cascaded, adjusting the attenuation on the 3110 effects BOTH the mid and high frequency outputs of the 3105. So, you set the midrange response of the system with the 3110 first, and then adjust the UHF response with the 3105....

Alex
01-02-2005, 05:47 AM
Many thanks!!

Do you have the little installation manual that came with the crossovers? I SWEAR I saw that online somewhere, but can't find it now. See Figure 4 there.

I believe we covered this in an earlier thread, but I can't find that either. :mad:

O.K., you're gonna wire it straight, except S7 reverses the phase of the mid driver (LE85). The two center output terminals on each crossover are common, i.e., internally connected; that helps understanding what's going on here.

A) System input goes to input of 3110. LE15 goes to low frequency (LF) output 1 (red) & 2 (black) of 3110.

B) Input of 3105 goes to high frequency (HF) output 3 (black) and 4 (red) of 3110.

C) 2405 goes to high frequency output 3 (black) and 4 (red) of 3105.

D) LE85 goes to low frequency output 1 (black) and 2 (red) of 3105.

Colors in parentheses are driver terminal colors, except in (B) where it's crossover input terminals.

Note in (D) that the LE85 is wired reverse phase. It doesn't matter. All it does is move the nulls around, presumably pushing them off axis. Try it both ways and see if you have a preference, depending upon your listening position. I'm rarely on axis. [Forum regulars are abundantly aware of this.]

You can also reverse the 2405 phase if you like, too. There's 16 combinations total to try, but the standard wiring gives you a starting point. You have the rest of your life to play with this; take your time. :rolleyes:

Be aware that since the crossovers are cascaded, adjusting the attenuation on the 3110 effects BOTH the mid and high frequency outputs of the 3105. So, you set the midrange response of the system with the 3110 first, and then adjust the UHF response with the 3105....