PDA

View Full Version : Sister's husband

RacerXtreme
12-28-2004, 05:31 AM
Got a good picture of his P.A. around here somewhere...... Uses JBL equipment and Marshall amps. He's going to play at the Palace in Auburn Hills, Mi. tomorrow night. I'll see if I can get some shots of the sound system. This was taken at my mom's house over the holidays. The expression on my son's face is priceless.

Just what the doctor ordered... http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/webs/racerxtreme/TEDSHAYNE1.jpg

RacerXtreme
12-28-2004, 07:07 AM
You should hear him play the blues.......
http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/webs/racerxtreme/tedalone.jpg

boputnam
12-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Yea, I love the few tracks I've heard him play blues. Great pics.

Is that the J-150? Yours...?
Tell the lad he need not be afraid... ;)

SteveW
12-28-2004, 08:59 AM
1973...... Rot Gut

David Dryden
12-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Is that..... Ted Nugent? :eek:

RacerXtreme
12-28-2004, 09:22 AM
yeah................... they've been married for about 15 years now. Just got back together with the Damn Yankees for a couple of shows out in Arizona w/ Alice Cooper. Hope they play together more in the future.

I asked him what was his favorite choice of personal protection was.

He pulled this out and I went............Hmmm...........
http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/webs/racerxtreme/biggun.jpg

RacerXtreme
12-28-2004, 09:31 AM
My 88 year old grandma goofing around at a local soap-box derby race. She's been playing the piano for something like 65 or 70 years. You should hear her jam w/ Ted.

It's hard to explain.........

http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/webs/racerxtreme/editedgramphoto.jpg

David Dryden
12-28-2004, 10:05 AM
Hard to explain? Hard to imagine! Heehee! Hey, the family that rocks together, stays together! Awesome!

RacerXtreme
12-28-2004, 11:50 AM
http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/webs/racerxtreme/TED4.jpg

Got 2 live it up..........

paragon
12-28-2004, 11:53 AM
Send an MP3 please .

Eckhard

boputnam
12-28-2004, 12:07 PM
:hmm:

Well I think Oldmics and I (at the least...) would love to know just how many of those Marshalls are actually plugged-in and running. Great looking backline, anyway... :yes:

paragon
12-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Ha, Bo, what should i do with this "small" answer ???

Eckhard

RacerXtreme
12-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Got video around here somewhere of a x-mas present my sister and I taped for Ted that he gave to Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and the guys from Aerosmith.

It was sometime near Thanksgiving and we had spent the night at their ranch.
Just before 7 a.m. , Ted (in full camo gear from head to toe), who had been hunting for an hour or so, walked in and asked my sister and I to grab two video cameras and to follow him. He wanted to film a x-mas present for Aerosmith. Nothing was planned and it was totally a spur of the moment idea. We had no idea of what he was doing. He asked us to follow his leads and get video from 2 different angles. He proceeded to walk over to a pickup and pull a still steaming hot (dead) Bambi from out of the bed of the truck. Talking to the cameras, he mentioned how x-mas wasn't just about giving presents, it was about that moment when you're opening a gift and wondering - Am I gonna like it ? Will it fit ? Is it what I really wanted ? Will I have to take it back ? etc... So he began to tell them how "Bambi" was their x-mas present that year and he was gonna be the one to "open" their gift for them.

Then, with his bare hands and a pocket knife, he began to gut Bambi right in front of us. Along the way, he'd cut out a particular organ or part of the deer and give it to each one of the guys - Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Tom Hamilton, Brad Whitford, and Joey Kramer. It was hilarious. There was blood everywhere, and my sister can be heard in the background saying "argh.....". Remember, we had just got up a few minutes ago.

Rock and Roll http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/webs/racerxtreme/guitar.gif

RacerXtreme
12-28-2004, 12:36 PM
How many of the Marshall amps are plugged in and running ?

Why.......all of them.

He had a small studio at his old house that had something like sixteen 15" drivers (all JBL) in a fairly small room.

You'd walk in, look around, and wonder if you'd make it out alive. :banana:

Oldmics
12-28-2004, 03:06 PM
How many of the Marshall amps are plugged in and running ?

Why.......all of them.

If you have ever been near a Ted show-You know the above is the truth !!!

The only person who even approaches his stage volume is Robin Trower.

Oldmics

who listens to Ted"s albums(Amboy Dukes) with earplugs installed cause I am too old.

RacerXtreme
12-28-2004, 03:18 PM
He's lost some of his hearing for sure. Can you imagine some of the P.A. systems he's played through? Remember the California Jam? Think the best show he ever did was last year at Comerica Park in Detroit with Kiss and Aerosmith. Or was that 2 years ago ?......... He had some problems w/ dead mics and the overall mix, but it came across really well anyway. The concert at the Silverdome on the last day of 1999 w/ Kid Rock and Metallica was pretty awesome too. Then there was the tour w/ Sammy Hagar, the one with Alice, and the one with ZZ Top. All were really good shows.

Think some of his best work was w/ the Damn Yankees. Wish they would do some more songs. Oh well.....

It should be LOUD tomorrow night.

Rock on..........:cool:

John
12-28-2004, 05:10 PM
I Saw The motor city madman back in 77 in Fargo North Dakota,drove down from Winnipeg. Great show,small venue maybe 2500 headcount. I was pressed up against the front center stage by 2499 people behind me. Was nice and loud lots of sustain,which he uses to maximum effect. Has to be one of my favorite live rock players!!! His politics are a little out there,but hey everybody,s got a right to think what they want to. And i have to say i would also like to hear some fresh material from Ted +damm yankees.:D

John
12-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Oh By the way when did Ted switch to Marshall??? He was using Fender Heads and bottoms in Fargo in 77

Steve Gonzales
12-28-2004, 06:42 PM
I've seen Ted 3 times in Bakersfield, what great shows, so much energy and kick ass Rock & Roll!!. Thanks for sharing with us. LLRR!

Charlie4350
12-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Ahh Ted, that brought a smile to my face. Remember seeing him 74 or 75, Hampton Roads Coliseum, VA. Stranglehold! Would love to hear Ted to the blues.

Audiobeer
12-28-2004, 07:25 PM
I grew up listening to Ted! I love watching him speak on the talk shows about politics, gun control, goverment, ect. The guy really has his shit together. He had a show on VH1 where he brought some kids out to his ranch. Talk about "Wake up and smell the coffee"! Your sister is beautiful!

RacerXtreme
12-28-2004, 11:32 PM
A lot of people don't realize that he writes for something like 35 different magazines, works with disadvantaged kids, and donates a lot of his time and energy to charities.

On top of that he plants 1000 trees each year. In addition to writing songs, doing interviews, and camping out in recording studios. Whatever free time he has left is spent hunting or fishing.

JMO, but if you want to hear a cool song that never got a lot of airplay, check out "Terminus Eldorado". It's about a teenager out in her daddy's Caddy that fails to notice a tandem axle gravel hauler.

One thing a lot of people don't know about him is that he's a GREAT storyteller. Some of the places he's been, things he's done, and people he's met are truly amazing.

c-ya

RacerXtreme
12-29-2004, 08:02 AM
http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/webs/racerxtreme/tedscan.jpg
Pretty scary T-shirt eh?

David Dryden
12-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Oh By the way when did Ted switch to Marshall??? He was using Fender Heads and bottoms in Fargo in 77 Yeah, I remember when his system was all Fender Twins stacked on top of Showman speaker cabs with 15" JBLs. I was impressed enough at the time (mid '70's) to go out and buy a '68 Fender Showman with two JBL D140's in the cabinet! :D

RacerXtreme
12-29-2004, 09:43 AM
You guys ever seen the Damn Yankees' "Uprising" video ?

It's pretty cool. Wish it was on DVD. Just talked to my sister. They're
doing a special sound check (I think live ??) w/ WRIF (the local rock station)
at 4:30 this afternoon. Think I might go..........

You know what his favorite song is ? You'll never guess........

"Little Miss Dangerous" (but he pronounces it "Little Miss Danger-Ass")

"Fred Bear" and "Stranglehold" are at the top of the list too.

c-ya

Guy

grumpy
12-29-2004, 10:48 AM
& altruistic while weekend warrioring, to boot...

Titanium Dome
12-29-2004, 01:20 PM
:banghead: Saw him in Ella Sharp Park in Jackson, MI in '70 or '71, give or take a couple of years. The years tend to run together, and that period is a little fuzzy anyway. I believe I was following the Nuge's advice: journeying to the center of my mind. I'm thinking it was a double bill with the MC-5, but as i said, it all runs together...maybe it was even one of those "Free John Now" (John Sinclair) things.

Who am I kidding? I can't remember anything from that period.

:rockon2:

Not the loudest concert I've ever heard, but definitely in the top five.

RacerXtreme
12-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Just came back from sound check..........

IT WAS LOUD

The low end cabinets just about knocked me over when I walked past them.

More Crown amps than you can imagine. No rhythm guitar player...... just Ted, a bass player and a drummer.

Took a bunch of photos but the flash on the camera wasn't working right.

Ted had a special guest backstage. His first guitar teacher "Joe" was there with one of his Gibson Birdland guitars. Ted first played with him in 1958 at some type of Polish festival or something. Bizarre.......

Came home to eat some dinner and drop off one kid at grandma's, then it's back to the show. Ted goes on at 9 p.m. sharp. He seems geeked, and he was on fire at the sound check. Should be a great concert tonight.

Rock and Roll

c-ya

Guy

Oldmics
12-29-2004, 04:41 PM
IT WAS LOUD

Ted has two volumes-

On and off

Take those ear plugs

Oldmics

RacerXtreme
12-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Earplugs ?

I think I should take my motocross helmet and shoulder pads......:banghead:

Kinda wish he was playing with a rhythm guitarist. On some songs he does sound better w/o one, but on others it sounds like something's missing.

It will be a MOTOR CITY MADHOUSE tonight.

I'll let ya know, but I bet it will be packed. He hasn't played here in awhile.
Think the Palace in Auburn Hills holds about 20K people. :eek:

I'll try to post some pics later on.

RacerXtreme
12-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Ted's first guitar teacher. They played together in some sort of Polish / American festival in 1958. He was a super nice guy. Was a music teacher all his life. Got to play the guitar he's holding a half hour after this was shot. Think the photographer in the photo is from the Detroit News / Free Press.
http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/webs/racerxtreme/concert1.jpg

RacerXtreme
12-30-2004, 08:33 AM
Sorry. Camera wasn't working very good last nite. It's a little blurry, but you can get the idea. Couldn't get all the amps in one picture. Needed a wide angle lense.

http://www.mypages.iparenting.com/webs/racerxtreme/concert8.jpg