PDA

View Full Version : Winters night entertainment

mikebake
12-27-2004, 09:16 PM
15's and 18's work nicely mains/center/surrounds/subs for low level, impactful HT. Been using an older Infinity center channel for quite some time, finally got around to trying a 2226 and 2416 for a center.
Buddy Joe was down from Vermont for the holidays, so we dragged out Last Samurai, I Robot, Master and Commander, etc., had a good time. Receiver doesn't really do music justice, no balls in the amp/power supply to really properly control big magnets for dynamic music, (suprisingly okay for HT) but the 2-channel rig with beefy monoblocks can be switched to in a few minutes...............I really could see getting a ballsy big-assed AV receiver (like I used to have, but it was only Pro Logic, soon to be eclipsed).
Like to be able to have the best of both; switching from HT to stereo music listening without much compromise.
Looks like JBL is out of Performance Series components to stockpile some drivers for a proper future project. Oh well, didn't need to spend the money right now anyway.
Have a nice New Years, and crank up the GOOD tunes, eh?

MBB

Not pictured; dual 2245H subs in a nearfield subwoofing arrangement

BTW, out of view on the right side wall is a basement fireplace seldom used by the previous occupants; I've found it nice to use this winter in a basement setting with the movies going, for serious relaxation!

JBLGUY
12-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Hey Mike

Nice system you got there. Big and bad...just the way I like it.

:)

Nice job

Ken Pachkowsky
12-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Looks good Mike. Couple of K2's to the left?

Ken

mikebake
12-28-2004, 06:12 AM
Looks good Mike. Couple of K2's to the left?

Ken
Amps?
Bottom shelf are noRh monoblocks, not used right now. I also use them on top of the the 2245's, driving them.
Above them are QSC PLX series amps, also not needed when using the receiver. On top of the receiver is a Sony DVD/CD, a DVR cable box, and then a small 5.1 processor which gives really nice HT results, but makes me have to use the QSC. I get bugged by their fan noise sometimes, so don't use them in this setting that often.