PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Once In A Lifetime Sale Of Vintage McIntosh Electronics, Turntables, Speakers

mjkbmw
11-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Online Only Two Day Public Auction

Unbelievable Once In A Lifetime Sale Of Vintage McIntosh Electronics, Turntables, Speakers, Headphones, & Related Equipment

Over 1000 lots over 2 Days

Bidding Closes:

Day1: Wednesday December 12th @ 10:00AM. EST
Day 2: Thursday December 13th @ 10:00AM. EST
Inspection: Dec 10th & 11th from 9-5

Assets Located: - 36 Killingworth Turnpike, Clinton, CT 06413

The first item starts to close at 10:00 am and each lot is spaced out by 60 seconds. This Auction has a dynamic closing: if anyone places a bid (within the last 5 minutes of a particular lot) then the end of the auction will be extended another 5 minutes to allow more bidding. The auction item will end if there are no bids placed in the final 5 minutes.

https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/timed/hamilton-group/catalogue-id-bsctheh10116

FEATURED ITEMS

Day 1:
- Over 275 Pieces of Vintage McIntosh Electronics
McIntosh Record Compensator
McIntosh Environmental Equalizers
Mcintosh Stereo Tube Power Amp’s
McIntosh Power Transformer Amp’s
McIntosh Mac Stereo Receiver Amp’s
McIntosh Stereo Receivers
McIntosh Stereophonic Pre Amps
McIntosh Environmental Equalizers
McIntosh Digital FM Tuners
McIntosh Record Compensators
McIntosh Audio Compensators
McIntosh Multiplex Adapters
Face Plates, Brackets, Frames, Wood Cases, Boxes & Hardare
Orginal Paperwork Box Lots
Vintage Equipment By: Farichild, Dynaco, Pilotone, Fisher, Heathkit, Altec, H.H. Scott, Zenith, Dymec, Dyna, Grundig & More

Day 2:
- 100+ Turntables
Thorens , Empire, Gates, Micro-trak, Russco Studio, Garrard, Technics, VPI,
- Turntabel Parts & Equipment: Recording Arms, Tone Arms, Pick-Up Arms.
- 100+ Headphones: by Shure, Koss, Sennheiser, AKG, Head Room
- 100’s of Speakers: Hollywood Speakers, Altec, Dynaudio, Trusonic, KEF
- Headphone Amps
- Vintage Theater Speakers
- Speaker Cabinets

The Hamilton Group, LLC
Appraisals, Auctions & Liquidations
36 Killingworth Turnpike (Route 81)
Clinton, CT 06413
203-433-8052 Phone
203-643-2285 Fax

AUCTION TYPE

Online Only Sale WWW. BIDSPOTTER.COM or WWW.HAMILTON-GRP.COM (http://WWW.HAMILTON-GRP.COM)

RIGGING & SHIPPING

Local Pick-up: REMOVAL IS
Friday December 14th 9am – 5pm
Saturday December 15th Form 9am-3pm
Monday December 17th 9am – 5pm
These are the only pickup times if you can make these times please do not bid.

Shipping Is Available by a third party.
The UPS Store
24 W Main St
Clinton, CT 06413
Phone 860-664-0066
Email:[email protected]:bouncy:

BMWCCA
11-13-2018, 05:07 AM
I was going to make a crack about posting an advertisement as a first post, but I found it entertaining. Anyone know the back story? I want the C20 for the faceplate! Says ten-bucks and ended last night???

grumpy
11-13-2018, 02:13 PM
some Mac faceplates are/were still available from the mfg.
Not sure how far back that option goes.

BMWCCA
11-13-2018, 03:02 PM
some Mac faceplates are/were still available from the mfg.
Not sure how far back that option goes.
There were so many versions of the C20 that even the folks at McIntosh were unable to be sure the one they had was the one I needed. Mine is actually in very good shape with just a chip out of the right-lower corner where there's no lettering or light coming through. Hard to see but if you want it to be perfect . . . ! Mine is so old that the gold "McIntosh" isn't in the typical old-English typeface but straight Gothic. It's been just fine for the 48-years I've owned it. Bought it with the chip in the glass for $125, as I recall.

Lee in Montreal
11-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Where's the popcorn ?

jblnut
11-16-2018, 12:15 PM
This has been picked up on many of the various audio forums out there (and it's pretty close to where I live). Still no word yet on the back story. That's what most of us are interested in hearing about...

jblnut

Lee in Montreal
11-16-2018, 12:43 PM
Not a single picture of items to be auctioned... Is it fishy or just plain unprofessional ? Feels like a scam where people will auction for a box of air... ;-)

BTW What's that V-Bulletin? Where is the forum?

BMWCCA
11-16-2018, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=Lee in Montreal;418672]Not a single picture of items to be auctioned... Is it fishy or just plain unprofessional ? Feels like a scam where people will auction for a box of air... ;-)/QUOTE]

Whaaat?? What link did you click? There are hundreds of pictures. Here's one:

https://portal-images.azureedge.net/auctions-2018/bsctheh10116/images/a1c8eb2a-880f-4598-bd39-a988010dab77.jpg

Mr. Widget
11-17-2018, 10:26 AM
Whaaat?? What link did you click? There are hundreds of pictures. Here's one:
I would love to know the back story. Most of the items in the collection have dozens of examples of the same make and model. A very unusual collection.

Widget

SEAWOLF97
11-17-2018, 11:19 AM
I would love to know the back story. Most of the items in the collection have dozens of examples of the same make and model. A very unusual collection.

Widget

repair center left overs ?

speakerdave
11-17-2018, 03:56 PM
Regional director of a charity thrift store operation.

Mr. Widget
11-17-2018, 05:53 PM
Regional director of a charity thrift store operation.That must be it!
:applaud: :rotfl::applaud:

Widget

jblnut
11-19-2018, 01:52 PM
One of my AK buddies posted that he knew the guy. I guess he worked for the Post Office and was known in the area as a buyer of this sort of gear (how could he not be?). It was also said he would never sell anything even to those who had helped by selling certain pieces or parts to him

At the end, only a single chair to sit on in the entire house and not a plugged in and working stereo anywhere.

Take that as a cautionary tale and 'don't be that guy'...

jblnut

Mr. Widget
11-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Take that as a cautionary tale and 'don't be that guy'...
Not a problem. I don't own more than one of any of the McIntosh pieces I have. :D

Widget

rusty jefferson
11-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Deep down, I think we're all hoarders, it's just a matter of degree. ;)