PDA

View Full Version : C60 Sovereign & LE15 advice.

Sootshe
09-19-2018, 12:31 AM
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to purchase a set of C60's & would like some advice for the LE15's.
One of these drivers has been replaced with an aftermarket 16 ohm cone kit & the other is original.

Even with the two different cones, they still sound pretty damn good.

After many searches here on the site, there obviously are no JBL original recone kits for these drivers.......so do you think the aftermarket cones will sound vastly different to the originals? .......or is this not an exercise worth considering? I'm not really interested in keeping the originality of the system (well, they're not original anyway).

The mid & top drivers are all original ......the mid drivers still have the seals on them....& I must say the mid range from that driver is one of the best I've heard.

The cabinets have had a full restoration & are just beautiful.

And if I do decide to recone them, should I be going for 8 ohm or 16 ohm recone kits to suit the original crossover?

Cheers.

srm51555
09-20-2018, 10:16 AM
I 'am of no help but I must say that those look great in that room, is it yours or the sellers?

Sootshe
09-23-2018, 03:05 PM
I 'am of no help but I must say that those look great in that room, is it yours or the sellers?

This is the sellers room & yeah, it's a top sound room.

I think they'll look pretty good over at my place too.