View Full Version : the Future of Horns at INFOCOMM 2018

1audiohack
05-31-2018, 08:20 PM
OOOO this looks like fun...

Anyone signed up?

Barry.

Robh3606
06-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Yeah it sure does where is that on the Left coast? You guys have all the fun!

Rob:)

bubbleboy76
06-05-2018, 05:52 AM
Wish I could have!

1audiohack
06-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Well that was fun, informative and a pretty good photo-op if you’re into that.

I had never met David Gunness of Fulcrum Audio before. He’s pretty damn sharp and has a real passion for good audio.

He said he has been in more rooms with line array that should have used point source than rooms with point source that should have used an array. He seems to view all the variations as tools available to him and says he builds solutions to suit and if that’s an line array or a point source with FIR or not, so be it.

Tom has the Synergy thing figured out and likes to build point sources without FIR. Danley has one point source box with 108? Drivers in it? He and Don Keele had some lively disscussion about the CBT Array and driver integration at high frequency. Well, Don was lively, Tom is very reserved.

I wish we could have gotten more out of Bruce Howze. I will argue that some of the very best sounding large format horns ever made came out of Community Light and Sound. A very early adopter of the TEF audio measurment platform, Bruce knows how to design, measure AND listen. He’s just a quiet guy.

Don Keele has a lot to say and a lot strong opinions. I may not agree with them all, but after all, who am I? He is still pretty sharp and has likely forgot more than I will ever know. His stories about leaving EV for JBL and having to figure out how to work around his own patents was funny.

Prace had some interesting things to say about dual diaphragm drivers using smaller drivers in the current Community product line.

A really fun gentleman that I happened to sit next to recorded it all and posted it, link below.

https://www.facebook.com/toastyghost/videos/10156413760353142/

The terrible mic runner was me! Haha.

All the best!
Barry.

bubbleboy76
06-12-2018, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the video link!