PDA

View Full Version : JBL Aquarius IV s109, restoration ( hopefully)

The Finisher
05-31-2018, 11:38 AM
Hello everyone,
i am a big fan of Hifi and I own a few nice bits but I have never owned any JBL products until now.
so I had won a few bits of old Hifi that I really shouldn’t have bid on but I won it anyway . So I drove 100 miles to collect the ( technics su-7200 ) and other bits , as I enter the auction room I bump into these tall white speakers the likes of which I’ve never seen ( getting a little excited when I see the JBL badge) and on the top is a sticker which says “ NOT SOLD “ so I ask the young man what’s the story? He says “ nice lady but she set the reserve price too high !! I then asked well how much ?? He tells me and within seconds they’re mine ( happy days ) .
i get home and start to research... wow ! These appear to be pretty good . I start to open them up and aside from the woofer having foam rot on their surrounds they are in pretty good shape for 40 years + .
i have ordered new foam surrounds from simply speakers and I’ve asked a very knowledgeable Hifi guy to help me do the surrounds, once that is done I’ll update this post .
My intentions are to have them refinished in piano white.
I’m happy to hear your comments good and bad.

srm51555
05-31-2018, 04:20 PM
Nice story, welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on what you do with them.