PDA

View Full Version : Dual B380's = Awesome!

58crewchief
04-13-2018, 08:18 PM
Sort of accidentally won a bid on another B380 and BX63A on that auction site the other day. I had just gotten my single 380 dialed in with my L220's as much as I could. Everyone here is right; setting up a single sub is friggen tough. I had originally set my single just inside my left main and it left something to be desired in my listening position. But like everyone says, the best location for a single is not ever possible if it's a common room. Luckily, my wife is a real sport about my seemingly weekly speaker rodeo. I moved it to the left wall to side fire and that definitely made an improvement. After I received my second yesterday, I moved both just inside my mains and hooked up the new BX63A to replace my standard BX63 and all I can say is wow. I was powering my single with a bridged Crown PS-400 for about 550 watts and I was living at level 5 on the BX but with the pair, I had to throw my backup JBL 6290 in the rack. I know they're slightly underrated at 300 watts but I've had to turn my level down to about 3-4. I'm looking for a Crown K2 as a permanent solution but funds aren't available at this time. It feels sacrilegious to power my subs with less than my mains (using Bryston 7BST's with the mains) but the bass is awesome! That damn fan though... I'm not true stereo subs but this is definitely the way to go. The single was great but this is better than twice as good!

58crewchief
04-13-2018, 08:29 PM

srm51555
04-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Great to hear thanks for sharing!

58crewchief
04-14-2018, 08:07 PM
I’m just thankful for the great wealth of knowledge on this site. I am constantly amazed with the time people donate to help others with this hobby. I’ve been lurking for quite some time utilizing the search function😀. Nothing better than reading a thread from 2005 that perfectly answers my question. Again, many thanks to everyone.

rusty jefferson
04-15-2018, 04:32 AM
Glad to hear everything is working well. Keep them alive.:applaud:

Ed Kreamer
04-15-2018, 12:47 PM
I have been running dualies for some time now. In my case they are Altec 411s. It's amazing how much smoother the very low bass is with dualies. I'm glad that it worked out for you and that you were able to obtain the BX-63!
I was able to read Dr. Tooles book and get info on how best to to place them.

thinking very low thoughts.

Ed