PDA

View Full Version : JBL M2 used by the Victorian Police

Goldjazz
03-27-2018, 04:57 PM
Thought some of you may be interested in this little article. The Victorian police force's "Forensic Audio unit" here in Australia uses M2's. Seems they used 4430's back in the 80's for the same job and stuck with JBL. I can totally imagine the cops kicking back after hours and putting some tunes on when nobody is around.

http://www.jands.com.au/news/press-releases/archive-press-releases/2016-press-releases/february-press2016/the-truth,-the-whole-truth,-and-nothing-but-the-truth-victorian-police-forensic-audio-unit-choose-jbl-m2-master-reference-monitors

A friend invited me to his friend's studio to listen to his M2's they sounded wonderful. He told me there were only three pairs in Australia. The ones he has, the one's mentioned above that the Police in Victoria use, and a pair installed at one of Australia's richest men's house in Sydney.

Cheers.

Titanium Dome
03-27-2018, 06:59 PM
Thought some of you may be interested in this little article. The Victorian police force's "Forensic Audio unit" here in Australia uses M2's. Seems they used 4430's back in the 80's for the same job and stuck with JBL. I can totally imagine the cops kicking back after hours and putting some tunes on when nobody is around.

http://www.jands.com.au/news/press-releases/archive-press-releases/2016-press-releases/february-press2016/the-truth,-the-whole-truth,-and-nothing-but-the-truth-victorian-police-forensic-audio-unit-choose-jbl-m2-master-reference-monitors

A friend invited me to his friend's studio to listen to his M2's they sounded wonderful. He told me there were only three pairs in Australia. The ones he has, the one's mentioned above that the Police in Victoria use, and a pair installed at one of Australia's richest men's house in Sydney.

Cheers.

Thanks for the link. :thmbsup:

With the M2's abilities to highly resolve sound and play at high levels without adding to the sound will be a boon to the Forensic Audio Unit. I hope they go easy on the volume control, or they might shorten their careers!

greg32
03-29-2018, 11:05 PM
Very interesting thanks for the heads up.

JoeNelis
04-03-2018, 07:50 PM
The coppers have good taste here in Victoria.