PDA

View Full Version : Does humor belong in music? (Frank Zappa 1986)

Fritz The Cat
02-25-2018, 05:06 AM
Caravan: "Blind dog at St. Dunstans".
Track B3 "All the way (with John Wayne's single-handed liberation of Paris)"

Fritz The Cat
03-13-2018, 04:10 AM
From A-Z a rock opera in the style of Monty Python. Listen to the kazoos played together with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra.....
Music, concept, lyrics, artwork, booklet, foldcover: all good clean fun!

Fritz The Cat
03-15-2018, 02:08 AM
More than 10cc of humor. Great ear-cinema. Grosses Ohrenkino!
A forgotten gem IMHO.

Fritz The Cat
03-18-2018, 10:35 AM
Nice curiosity from the last century: odd steeldrums version of Isaac Hayes' "Theme from Shaft".

Fritz The Cat
03-21-2018, 01:15 PM
Funny vocal duet with Velma Middleton. By the way, Fats Waller's "All that meat and no potatoes" is not about food....

Fritz The Cat
03-25-2018, 01:11 AM
"Any love is good love, so i took what i could get......bbbbbbaby...."

Fritz The Cat
03-30-2018, 07:59 AM
Tongue-in-cheek humor. Big fun in studio. Listen to "Life's been good" B4
This is some kind of "The long run" part one, isn't it?

SEAWOLF97
03-30-2018, 10:24 AM
Tongue-in-cheek humor. Big fun in studio. Listen to "Life's been good" B4
This is some kind of "The long run" part one, isn't it?

this one always made me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET7wb651VFI

Fritz The Cat
04-23-2018, 02:53 AM
The most humorous Beatles tribute? Colored vinyl. Fantastic cover art. XTC!

Fritz The Cat
04-24-2018, 03:00 AM
Is this one funny? Or humorous? German Krautrock was not always funny. But the attitude was mostly humorous. The roots of Krautrock are not based on Blues, Jazz, Country, Classic music, or whatever roots there are.....
Krautrock mainly was experimentally based. It's Guru Guru! Many Neumeier is still on the road these days.

Fritz The Cat
05-03-2018, 12:02 AM
A humorous pastiche about music business of the 70ies. "Wanna buy five copies for my mother...."

Fritz The Cat
05-13-2018, 12:02 AM
Curiosity from Germany. Big time "Twist-Epidemie" in the early 60ies. Those were the days when the Krauts were slim. Vocalist/guitar player Otto "Fats" Ortwein was promoted then as the German Fats Domino. Funny. Fat sound! Come on, let's twist again, like we did when we were younger....

Fritz The Cat
05-13-2018, 12:50 AM
The best Led Zeppelin-cover-band and their version of "Your time is gonna come" is better than the original (Cit. Robert Plant). The booklet is the funniest Monopoly-version.
And the main point: it's all good clean fun!

Fritz The Cat
06-10-2018, 11:17 AM
Hallo la France: qui est le roi de l'amour? Who is the groovy "king" of love? Carole Bayer is the composer of the song "Groovy kind of love". Kind or king, that's the question. Everything goes since the beat goes on.....Bonsoir la France!

Fritz The Cat
06-12-2018, 02:11 AM
My body the car. At the end of this a cappella song there's a sharp short crash!

Fritz The Cat
06-21-2018, 07:27 AM
Some violins and a nasty children's choir: 80ies' "Neue Deutsche Welle" goes Vivaldi. Or Mozart? Forget the lyrics! Hauptsache: macht Spass!

Fritz The Cat
07-02-2018, 12:28 AM
The Strawbs are "Ciggy Barlust And The Whales From Venus". Listen to the lyrics regarding "Davy Bowie"!

Fritz The Cat
07-08-2018, 03:29 AM
Live alternate version by Nina Hagen. The original was sung by Rita Pavone in 1963.

Fritz The Cat
07-13-2018, 11:14 PM
Space Oddity: listen to the lyrics! "Birth control to Ginger Tom....."
Hot tracks for cool cats!

Fritz The Cat
07-25-2018, 02:47 AM
The tomcat was Tom.

Fritz The Cat
08-05-2018, 12:11 AM
Where shall i dispose the waste? A long song! Over 18 minutes.
In the outro: "........, except Alice!"

Fritz The Cat
08-12-2018, 01:45 AM
Funny cover art by Matthew Klein. Also humor is an ancient medicine. Eat fresh vegetables!
Superb progrock by the later Hooters Hyman and Bazilian.

Fritz The Cat
10-07-2018, 12:21 AM
Something rare and curious: one of the first rock-pop-classic operas. Note on front cover: "Electric Rock Opera, Multimedia Sound Extravaganza & Light Show". One of the first elaborate cover art productions with inserted booklet. Classic guitar: Jay Berliner. Naked Carmen Superstar. Crazy 1970!

Fritz The Cat
01-20-2019, 03:40 AM
Photograpy by Bryan Adams. All good clean simple fun. Listen to A4 "Paper Plane":"...would you like to ride my Deutche car?"
Whatever you want, whatever you like....

Fritz The Cat
03-04-2019, 12:22 AM
It was his own lovely lady. "I never knew that you like Pina Coladas....". Funny fairy tale! But also a great song, isn't it?

Fritz The Cat
03-29-2019, 11:48 PM
".....Me and Willie just can't help come, when she calls. Now she's kissing Willie. (My best friend Willie)".
Still funny after all these 30 years....

Fritz The Cat
04-15-2019, 11:07 AM
A little bit crazy this one. Listen to the "Forward March" A1. They must have been totally drunk, as they recorded this one. When they returned fom the Hotel Bar, they couldn't find their own instruments anymore...? Never mind. Yes, humor also belongs in Jazz music...

Fritz The Cat
04-23-2019, 10:07 AM
"Finally thanks to Remy Martin" Cognac for saving my life by making the bloody stuff so expensive" (Liner note by PT on inner sleeve).

Fritz The Cat
04-29-2019, 12:19 AM
The fittingly grandiose finish to their career: after 14 seconds of silence there's this cheeky "hidden track" (not listed on the original LP) after "The End" on album "Abbey Road". After Ringo's only drum solo of his recording era with the Beatles and three extended guitar solos by 1.) Paul 2.) George 3.) John, reflecting their personalities, we may listen to the Beatles' shortest song, Paul's definitive small grand finale:
Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl,
But she doesn't have a lot to say
Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl
But she changes from day to day
I want to tell her that I love her a lot
But I gotta get a bellyful of wine
Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl
Someday I'm going to make her mine, oh yeah,
Someday I'm going to make her mine.
Still crazy (The Queen and her husband) after all these years....

Fritz The Cat
06-28-2019, 01:02 AM
Pete Townsend produced, played and (???) had composed (as "Asher") this funny little song for Angela Porter.

Fritz The Cat
07-21-2019, 02:50 AM
The worst of JA? Or the crown of creation?

Fritz The Cat
08-17-2019, 03:12 AM
The duet by Meat Loaf with Ellen Foley in "Paradise by the dashboard light" is big funny cinema. The expulsion from paradise. Girl: Will you love me forever? Boy: Let me sleep on it. Girl: Before we go any further, do you love me? Boy: I'll give you an answer in the morning..... And finally in the usual end after some years: Boy: ...if i gotta spend another minute with you i don't think that i can really survive. Praying for the end of time, so i can end my time with you....

Fritz The Cat
10-12-2019, 11:08 PM
Anybody needs a toothpick? Enjoy your meal!

Kay Pirinha
10-15-2019, 05:29 AM
Is this Jürgen Fritz who tries to clean his interproximal spaces with a razor blade?

Best regards!

Fritz The Cat
10-15-2019, 08:14 AM
Is this Jürgen Fritz who tries to clean his interproximal spaces with a razor blade?

Best regards!

Apparently Jürgen Fritz outlived all his dudes after so many Russian Roulettes. But this was his last Triumvirat record. Triumvirat? In fact this was a solo LP. Old loves die hard...

Kay Pirinha
10-15-2019, 10:12 AM
I only own one album from them, Illusions on a Double Dimple, that I've bought in my youth right after it's publication. It's quite a nice album, but sorry, not a trace of humour on it.

Best regards!

Fritz The Cat
10-15-2019, 01:01 PM
I only own one album from them, Illusions on a Double Dimple, that I've bought in my youth right after it's publication. It's quite a nice album, but sorry, not a trace of humour on it.

Best regards!

Look here:
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-greatest-prog-rock-albums-of-all-time-78793/triumvirat-illusions-on-a-double-dimple-1974-34784/
Gruss aus der Schweiz

Kay Pirinha
10-16-2019, 10:51 AM
I have to stand corrected. Indeed there's some humour or irony at least with that Illusions on a Double Dimple album of 1974. The German trio Triumvirat often was considered ELP wannabees or even clones, mostly due to the keyboardist's sound and virtuosity. With this in mind, pleas have a close look at track B5 ;):

85163 85164

Best regards!

SEAWOLF97
10-17-2019, 06:48 AM
I don't know if this belongs in "humor" or in "rap/crap" , but whatever it is,
it's Rapture :dont-know: :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g&fbclid=IwAR3cjHj2QDK0zhepajB-mNBp3sXg016YXFmNSkXAD3feZdSZbvftF1H-f8I

Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and you drive real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercury's and Subaru's
And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
One to one, man to man
Dance toe too toe
Don't move to slow, 'cause the man from Mars
Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
He's gonna eat 'em all
Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don't strain your brain, paint a train
You'll be singin' in the rain
I said don't stop, to punk rock
Well now you see what you wanna be
Just have your party on TV
'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on
And now he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
Just blast off, sure shot
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!

Fritz The Cat
10-17-2019, 10:46 PM
I don't know if this belongs in "humor" or in "rap/crap" , but whatever it is,
it's Rapture :dont-know: :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g&fbclid=IwAR3cjHj2QDK0zhepajB-mNBp3sXg016YXFmNSkXAD3feZdSZbvftF1H-f8I

Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and you drive real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercury's and Subaru's
And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
One to one, man to man
Dance toe too toe
Don't move to slow, 'cause the man from Mars
Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
He's gonna eat 'em all
Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don't strain your brain, paint a train
You'll be singin' in the rain
I said don't stop, to punk rock
Well now you see what you wanna be
Just have your party on TV
'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on
And now he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
Just blast off, sure shot
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!

Does humor belong in rap/crap-music?

Fritz The Cat
12-30-2019, 02:05 AM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?2724-What-s-Playing-Now&p=410116&viewfull=1#post410116

Fritz The Cat
12-31-2019, 01:31 AM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?2724-What-s-Playing-Now&p=406449&viewfull=1#post406449

Fritz The Cat
12-31-2019, 01:35 AM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?2724-What-s-Playing-Now&p=406435&viewfull=1#post406435

Fritz The Cat
12-31-2019, 05:10 AM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?2724-What-s-Playing-Now&p=403294&viewfull=1#post403294

Fritz The Cat
01-01-2020, 09:06 AM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=73864&stc=1&d=1475401390
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=73866&stc=1&d=1475401392

It is not called cats. It is called Bats! Punk-Humor aus Österreich. Ein Gutes Neues Jahr an unsere Nachbarn.

Fritz The Cat
01-01-2020, 09:20 AM
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?2724-What-s-Playing-Now&p=397181&viewfull=1#post397181

Fritz The Cat
01-01-2020, 10:16 AM
Hungry musicians: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?2724-What-s-Playing-Now&p=396119&viewfull=1#post396119

Fritz The Cat
03-21-2020, 09:14 AM
All songs written by Roy Wood, but you know them well from the 50ies and 60ies. Look here:https://youtu.be/fn00a9SG2fQ

Fritz The Cat
04-07-2020, 01:08 AM
The best cover versions ever done with Zeppelin songs? Much fun in these sad times.

Kay Pirinha
04-07-2020, 02:39 AM
Yeah! I've got a CD copy of this album at the time it was released! Much fun with it!

Btw, there's also a reggae-esque version of Stairway To Heaven on Frank Zappa's The Best Band you never Heard In Your Life double CD album :applaud:.

Best regards!

Fritz The Cat
04-28-2020, 12:33 AM
Does humor belong in cover art? Look at the cover art by Alan Aldridge. Look at the cover art by William S. Harvey of The Door's 1967 "Strange Days". About the music of Family's Entertainment: http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?2724-What-s-Playing-Now&p=429339&viewfull=1#post429339

Fritz The Cat
04-28-2020, 03:43 AM
Not true: this accident happened at seven o'clock on a cold and grey Monday morning in Alsdorf, Germany in 1987. Peter and Monika worked at the vinyl pressing machine No.3. That morning they both talked not very much about their wild activities of the previous weekend...
True: this pressing is not of the usual superb Alsdorf quality we always appreciated. It passed the quality end control without a doubt. But you wouldn't believe it: this one plays quite well until the very end of the last track. German vinyl pressing quality!

Fritz The Cat
04-30-2020, 09:56 AM
The classic one! "...and so is Lola..."
Zeitlos!

Fritz The Cat
05-13-2020, 04:32 AM
Interview. Eric says: he was not the WALRUS, he was the EGGMAN! https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/073466-000-A/eric-burdon-rock-n-roll-animal/

Fritz The Cat
06-10-2020, 12:35 AM
Plenty of humor on this album by Paul McCartney's brother. As cover artwork shows: Mike is going to break his familial chains. So Paul assigned some bread crumbs to his brother Mike McGear. As member of Merseyside comedian pop group "The Scaffold" ("Lily the pink") he abandoned his real name in favour of his famous Beatle-brother. Purpose? Effect on his career? As kind of redemption Paul, Linda (here solidly united as "McGear") and the Wings produced and played these nice simple songs here. Linda plays the Moog Synthesizer astonishingly well. Outstanding: Brian "Sax" Jones playing superb saxophone tunes. As session musician he once played with Bill Haley and the Comets, The Undertakers and many more. His biography was published in 2018: https://www.briansaxjones.com/Astonishing: with every turn of this LP, it gets better! There is plenty of humor in it! Also involved in this totally crazy album was the "Gysmorchestra" (invented by Lol Cream and Kevin Godley, 10cc) as credited in the liner notes. Hey, this one was totally underrated in 1974! Listen to the beautiful tune "The man who found god on the Moon" B5 with credits for "Buzz Aldrin on Moon"!

Fritz The Cat
06-10-2020, 01:30 AM
Fooling around in the studio (as usual) for this 1968 No.1 charts hit (in various European countries): The Scaffold (including Paul McCartney's brother Mike McGear) plus Graham Nash, Elton John backing vocals. Jack Bruce, bass. Sheer Liverpool poetry: Lily had invented that dubious "medical compound". The lyrics of this song humorously describe the "efficacious" cures that medical compound has brought about. Sometimes the results were not as beneficial as wished-for...
The results for "The Scaffold" were overwhelming: over 1 million copies were sold.

Fritz The Cat
08-01-2020, 01:55 AM
Booklet of "People, Hell & Angels" LP: look at these two policemen on the left side of the foto. They had the big chance to sit in the first row. Hey, they are sitting. On chairs!!! Comfortable. Look at their faces: they can't believe what they see. And hear...

Fritz The Cat
08-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Some kind of strange humor: "Dead Skunk" A1. Not funny: the burnt Gibson Guitar "Red Guitar" A2! Kate is right when she says "You are a fool..."!

Fritz The Cat
09-08-2020, 11:33 PM
"...but your daddy don't know". Complicated family affairs in Trinidad.

Fritz The Cat
11-22-2020, 09:35 AM
What marvellous song title A8: "I'm looking for a saxophonist doubling French horn wearing size 37 boots". Art Wood is also a humorist as his brother Ron is"!

gasfan
11-22-2020, 03:34 PM
naw, we don't want no funny business in music. unless of course you're facing it.:bouncy:

Fritz The Cat
05-13-2021, 03:53 AM
The most multifaceted humorists of hard-rock? A persiflage of and homage to the producer of the "wall of sound": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzuRw0ZqQdU

Fritz The Cat
12-29-2021, 07:28 AM
The best Beatles-spoof by the Prefab Four: Dirk McQuickly, Ron Nasty, Stig O'Hara and Barry Wom. Great art work. Inside sleeve with fictional LP-advertisements of the fictional "Rutle" record label. Plus fanciful 16p. booklet. Delightful...

Kay Pirinha
12-29-2021, 07:44 AM
You're right, man! I've got the very same album :applaud:.

Best regards!

mark214
12-30-2021, 05:16 PM
Yes it does belong.

I thankfully saw Frank Zappa in concert a few times and Frank put out some great music mixed with memorable lyrics.

Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a Dental Floss tycoon (yes I am)
Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a mennil-toss flykune

I'm pluckin' the ol'
Dennil Floss
That's growin' on the prairie
Pluckin' the floss!
I plucked all day an' all nite an' all
Afternoon...

Kay Pirinha
12-31-2021, 04:24 AM
Yes, Frank Zappa not only was one of the greatest musicians of the 20th century, he also was a great, competent storyteller. Listen to the Don't Eat Yellow Snow suite from the follow-up album Apostrophe ('):

Watch out where the huskies go,
don't you eat that yellow snow!

Best regards!

Kay Pirinha
01-30-2022, 03:51 AM
What for heaven's sake would George Harrison and John Lennon might have inhaled during this session?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf22VR71ags

Dialeans
02-24-2022, 03:50 PM
I agree that each genre should stay within its boundaries. This preserves its uniqueness. But still, music is not clowning. It is a strict discipline. You don't have to make a circus out of everything to entertain listeners. Hard-to-digest compositions make you listen carefully and analyze them. Draw your conclusions.

Fritz The Cat
02-25-2022, 02:36 AM
I agree that each genre should stay within its boundaries. This preserves its uniqueness. But still, music is not clowning. It is a strict discipline. You don't have to make a circus out of everything to entertain listeners. Hard-to-digest compositions make you listen carefully and analyze them. Draw your conclusions.

I will tell Frank Zappa if i see him. Greetings from Switzerland. Fritz The Cat

hjames
02-25-2022, 10:14 AM
I dunno - Frank is still dead last I heard ...
His head's in Baltimore, MD,
but he's not taking any requests ... ;)

I will tell Frank Zappa if i see him. Greetings from Switzerland. Fritz The Cat

Kay Pirinha
02-25-2022, 10:28 AM
But still, music is not clowning. It is a strict discipline. You don't have to make a circus out of everything to entertain listeners.

Well, now go and tell exactly this one to all those new-fashioned female artists that act like pole dancers but have meaningless voices and are singing also meaningless music.

Best regards!

Fritz The Cat
02-27-2022, 02:59 AM
Front cover photo by Norman Seef was not sponsored by "Swiss Emmentaler Cheese Union" because the piece of cheese shown is not premium quality. Back cover photo is not suitable for Swiss cheese promotion in USA.
A little bit of Emmentaler advertising here: https://www.emmentaler.ch/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/RS4391_emmentaler_genuss_sept21_hurrah_foodfotogra fie_2992-lpr.jpg

The US-Album of Spencer Davis was recorded at The Record Plant, Los Angeles.
The glass on front cover photo is empty, this record in contrast was filled extra rich by those studio cracks: Lee Sklar b, Jim Keltner dr, Larry Knechtel p, "Sweets" Harry Edison trp/fl horn, Sneaky Pete Kleinow steel g, Gib Gilbeaux fiddle.

PS: The best cheese sandwich? Look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HFW5kQQhm0

Dialeans
03-02-2022, 03:25 PM
Does humor belong in music? You don't have to go very deep to answer this question. There are many different genres of music, each of which finds its listener. Some genres are legal, some are immediately blocked, and the creators may face jail or fines. It doesn't matter. What is important is that the number of musical tastes is enormous. Accordingly, if there is humor in a certain genre of music and people like it, why not? Many of the musicians have had the hardest road to recognition. And I wouldn't want to condemn them for that. It isn't easy. Now, of course, everything is easy in that respect because there is music marketing (https://www.amworldgroup.com/music-promotion) — for example, the same amworldgroup.com, where you can order advertising and become more popular. But the fact remains. It's still a lot of work. Let people listen to what they like. At the same time, let each musical genre stay within its boundaries and not go beyond them.

Fritz The Cat
03-07-2022, 02:22 AM
Humor or blasphemy? Would this kind of front cover art be "correct" today? Why not? A question of time?
Cover design by Craig DeCamps (also cover art for Kinks' "Celluloid Heroes" or Jimmy Castor Bunch "Troglodyte" et al.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T1nEfxCuOU
Listen to the jazzy "La Sopa" A5: a wonderful sax solo by Stan Bronstein, followed by a witty bass solo by Gary VanScyoc.
These musicians were the backup band of John Lennon and Yoko Ono: tongue in cheek music...
P.S.: It's not only rock'nroll, but i like it!

Fritz The Cat
09-15-2022, 12:46 AM
Delightful fairy tale. "In December 1969 Jazz Sabbath, London's most successful underground jazz trio, were recording their second album at Morgan Sound Studios. With their debut album scheduled to be released in February 1970 and their sophomore album well on its way, Jazz Sabbaths future was looking bright...." (Liner notes you have to take seriously)
Adam Wakeman and his congenial Jazz rogues (only mentioned by fictional names). Listen to the fantastic guitar solos!
Listen to B3 N.I.B. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGmUnZ_G_Zw

Fritz The Cat
09-28-2022, 06:56 AM
JBL Sound Trophy from Swiss retail dealer "COOP": discount tickets for 50% loyalty rebate when buying any JBL gear.
A SCOOP from COOP?

Fritz The Cat
10-30-2022, 02:43 AM
How to put more zest in your life: with synthesizer duets, giant climbing strawberries and chain saw music instruments for pleasure or professional advancement. "If your Homelite chain saw doesn't bring hours of musical pleasure to you, your money back guaranteed!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-SuaQ2YMo

Fritz The Cat
10-30-2022, 03:51 AM
For all you HIFI freaks all over the world, in the country and in the pig stalls!

Fritz The Cat
01-09-2023, 12:18 PM
Still crazy after all these years. Still great fun. Listen to John Lennon composition "Move Over Ms L."! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD8Pc8-5F2E
Joe Walsh and Jesse Ed Davis guitars.

Fritz The Cat
03-20-2023, 01:56 AM
Produced by Rick Derringer! Something for your pleasure.
Listen To "Hooked on polkas": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvpasQqA1xg
This man is a national treasure, isn't he?

Fritz The Cat
03-20-2023, 02:05 AM
Produced by Rick Derringer plus guitars. Fun must be in these times.
Listen to "This Song's Just" Six Words Long A3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do5vXn_Rap4

Fritz The Cat
11-25-2023, 03:36 AM
A wonderful one out of the Chunga sessions at Record Plant Februrary/March1970. Great session work by Don "Sugarcane" Harris on organ, violin and vocals. With Ian Underwood, Max Bennett and Ainsley Dunbar.
Listen to "Twinkle Tits" D2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=Lx6fvgYfBzk
Does humor belong in heaven? And political correctness?

Fritz The Cat
01-13-2024, 09:53 AM
Invigorating black British (!!!) humour out of the 70ies.
Great hand made compositions and performance by jack of all trades Tony Ashton Ex-"Remo Four".
No longer imaginable today!
Listen to "Ballad of the Remo Four" B1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__x2TpzOEQ0