PDA

View Full Version : JBL M2 digital crossover response plots

HAL9000
02-06-2018, 09:21 AM
Hello,
I downloaded the JBL M2 digital crossover document, but the copy that I can download has the scales for the crossover frequency response plots cut off.

I have made a version for a person with a Danville Signal dspMusikLCD, but the person trying it with their M2's said it sounds strident, when the two plots as best I can tell are the same.

Does anyone have copies of the original plots with all the scales shown?

Thanks!

bubbleboy76
02-07-2018, 01:20 AM
You can use the rePhase software (free of cost) to see it, I guess. The rePhase-settings are in that document.

I recommend you to measure the resulting output of that dsp-device, and compare it to the target-curves. DSP-devices often implements IIR-filters differently than eachother.

pos
02-07-2018, 02:52 AM
Are these the curves you are looking for ?

HAL9000
02-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Yes, thank you for those!

HAL9000
02-07-2018, 09:32 AM
You can use the rePhase software (free of cost) to see it, I guess. The rePhase-settings are in that document.

I recommend you to measure the resulting output of that dsp-device, and compare it to the target-curves. DSP-devices often implements IIR-filters differently than eachother.

That is what I am trying to do, but now with the plot with the graph scale shown above. Already looks close, so checking more now.

pos
02-07-2018, 09:55 AM
I should be able to convert the FIRs into 3 columns (freq,mag,phase) measurements if you want.

HAL9000
02-07-2018, 11:43 AM
I should be able to convert the FIRs into 3 columns (freq,mag,phase) measurements if you want.

For the digital crossover I am using, it is doing the papers crossover filters and EQ's as stated. Only the Crown shelving filter is the other alternative shown in the paper. It is not a FIR based system, even though it could be.

Wanted to try the comparison to the original design with the JBL M2 speakers the person has as compared to the Crown system.

pos
02-07-2018, 01:37 PM
What crossover are you using?