PDA

View Full Version : Charge-coupled crossover with batteries or diode?

Menk
01-27-2018, 02:15 PM
Hi, I wants to build a cc- crossover for my diy-projekt.
Which one is better? 9V with batteries or like the 4367 monitors with diodes?
I found two versions:
The flow direction of the diodes is different. Which is the correct one?
thanks for help.
Frank

DavidF
03-03-2018, 11:04 PM
Hi, I wants to build a cc- crossover for my diy-projekt.
Which one is better? 9V with batteries or like the 4367 monitors with diodes?
I found two versions:
The flow direction of the diodes is different. Which is the correct one?
thanks for help.
Frank

I am no circuit expert but I do not think it matters how the diodes are arranged since the object is to get a small amount of voltage on the caps at their connection. I read that their may be some concern in using diodes in a bi-amped configuration. The mid and high xover sections may not pull enough power to drive the bias through the diode. Here you would want to use the battery configuration.

Menk
03-10-2018, 09:23 AM
„I am no circuit expert but I do not think it matters how the diodes are arranged since the object is to get a small amount of voltage on the caps at their connection...“Hi David, i think this is not correct. The diodes have a flow direction and do block the signal in one direction. I will use the whole signal and so there will be enough voltage to charge the caps. I think there is a mistake in the crossover drawing from jbl.I have used 10KOhm resistors and 1N4935 diodes for my projekt.

DavidF
03-10-2018, 07:05 PM
„I am no circuit expert but I do not think it matters how the diodes are arranged since the object is to get a small amount of voltage on the caps at their connection...“Hi David, i think this is not correct. The diodes have a flow direction and do block the signal in one direction. I will use the whole signal and so there will be enough voltage to charge the caps. I think there is a mistake in the crossover drawing from jbl.I have used 10KOhm resistors and 1N4935 diodes for my projekt.

The diodes are meant to block current, not signal. You want leave a small amount of voltage on junction, not current. The diodes are used to form DC voltage (one-way) so it should not make a difference how they are oriented.

Your work looks good.

Ian Mackenzie
03-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Agreed

Menk
03-11-2018, 02:37 AM
Thank you David for your explanation. I followed the newer plans of the 4365 and 4367 crossovers and think to be on the right way. I will build a 2-way K2 S9800/9900-like speaker with 1500al and Radian 951BE with Behringer-Electic-Horn.