PDA

View Full Version : What is JBL MKII?

martin_wu99
12-28-2017, 06:37 AM
As i know,JBL only few models that has MKII types,such as: 4425MKII,S143MKII,S3100MKII,4344MKII,how it comes?only for Japanese market?
Someone said that the original type is so wellcomed that JBL issued MKII,is it truth?:blink:
Furthermore,what is K2 S9800SE?

Ian Mackenzie
12-28-2017, 09:37 AM
If you google and look in the library the answer is there

Btw the S3100mk11 brochure has Harman China

I would suggest your in documented reference is a generalisation

The mk11 has an improved compression driver and the charge coupled crossover

There are possible other changes

Japan has and always will be a principle market for Jbl consumer

Jbl consumer distribution varied historically but theee days it’s more a global uniform situation

The Jbl approach to product development and marketing has changed significantly in the past few years

http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/jbl/specs/home-speakers/1998-s3100mkII/page2.jpg

martin_wu99
01-01-2018, 08:50 AM
If you google and look in the library the answer is there

Btw the S3100mk11 brochure has Harman China

I would suggest your in documented reference is a generalisation

The mk11 has an improved compression driver and the charge coupled crossover

There are possible other changes

Japan has and always will be a principle market for Jbl consumer

Jbl consumer distribution varied historically but theee days it’s more a global uniform situation

The Jbl approach to product development and marketing has changed significantly in the past few years

http://www.lansingheritage.org/images/jbl/specs/home-speakers/1998-s3100mkII/page2.jpg

Thanks for your input,but i don't think the reason is so simple ,for example, 4425 is 2214+2416,but 4425mkii is 1200H+175N,why not name 4426?S3100mkii is similar,they are totally different things.

How about S9800 an S9800SE?

Ian Mackenzie
01-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Well you asked a question because you did not know and now your saying you don’t like the answer?...Lol.

Where is your donation for the time l spent looking for the answer?

I am wondering what’s behind the reason for the question ?

Jbl model naming conventions are what they are.

The consumer marketing is not always logical progression of numbers

The brochures usually hint at Refinement , new re think of the design and there are white papers for the major production release

Sometimes they trickle down technology for the top statement designs like neo magnets aka the 275nd compression driver, charge coupling ect.

The 9800SE had an improved network but there maybe other improvements

The original 9800 had been going for quite a while before 9900 came out and l think the 9800SE was an extension of the product like

In the 9900 model, the numbering in my view is they wanted the market to believe it was a completely new design which it was if you read the white paper

The wave guide was different as were the drivers, cabinet re design

Perhaps refer to reviews and the white papers for more insights

It’s not something l would get too excited about

- [ ]

martin_wu99
01-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Well you asked a question because you did not know and now your saying you don’t like the answer?...Lol.

Where is your donation for the time l spent looking for the answer?

I am wondering what’s behind the reason for the question ?

Jbl model naming conventions are what they are.

The consumer marketing is not always logical progression of numbers

The brochures usually hint at Refinement , new re think of the design and there are white papers for the major production release

Sometimes they trickle down technology for the top statement designs like neo magnets aka the 275nd compression driver, charge coupling ect.

The 9800SE had an improved network but there maybe other improvements

The original 9800 had been going for quite a while before 9900 came out and l think the 9800SE was an extension of the product like

In the 9900 model, the numbering in my view is they wanted the market to believe it was a completely new design which it was if you read the white paper

The wave guide was different as were the drivers, cabinet re design

Perhaps refer to reviews and the white papers for more insights

It’s not something l would get too excited about

- [ ]

Thanks for your time

Mkii naming methed is very popular on cars/gears, but very few on JBL speakers,so i have these questions

I wonder if:1.mkii is only issued in Japanese market.2.the model is so successful that it has mkii for comercial purpose
I heard someone said S9800 has big bug,so JBL put the S9800SE quickly to improve it,is that true?

Best regard