PDA

View Full Version : "The Tent Sale Blues' (sung to the tune "they don't ship to Canada no mo")

luxmanlover
06-30-2003, 06:17 PM
I was hoping JBL would be so kind as to sell me a set of 2123's before they are all gone, but no dice. Is there anyone on the forum that could broker me a pair?
Kelly

boputnam
06-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Hey, Kelly...

Sorry for the stupidly tardy response - doh! I'd be REAL happy to facilitate this. I bought the best pair of cabinets I'll ever think of owning from a great Canadian, and this will repay the karma!! ;) Also, I've great friends in Calgary that might help, too.

So, you could PayPal me the purchase price (plus shipping), and then we'll figure out shipping to Saskatoon once I get them. Would that work?

Let me know.

luxmanlover
06-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Does JBL still cover the freight on US orders? If they don't let me know what you need added in.
THX Kelly

boputnam
06-30-2003, 08:40 PM
Oh, man... Now I gotta go to work on this!! ;)

Let me talk to JBL tomorrow - I'm not a Tent Sale guy (at least, not yet...). JBL have 43 of them badboys, so we should have time for me to inquire.

I'll pm with whatever I learn as soon as I learn it.

Cool? :cool:

JBL Dog
07-01-2003, 12:17 AM
The 2123J's have been available in the "tent" for about the last two years. And, yes, shipping is still free to the 48 states (additional fees to Alaska and Hawaii). I just got a call today that my order of 4638's will arrive tomorrow :D :D :D !!

This message comes from JBL Dog :cool:

Rex Mills
07-01-2003, 07:52 AM
JBL Dog..
Did you get all the 4638's in the last go round?
Lucky JBL Dog!:)

JBL Dog
07-01-2003, 09:45 AM
I do believe so.

This message comes from JBL Dog :cool:

UPDATE: They just arrived. The shipper managed to run a forklift through one of the drivers. But, as our Ebay "mint condition" sellers will tell you, "that won't affect the sound at all!!"

A few minor scuffs here and there. Overall, a GREAT DEAL!! :D

boputnam
07-01-2003, 03:11 PM
"yes, shipping is still free to the 48 states"

Thanks, JBL Dog...

We got 'em ordered and when they arrive I'll tranship on to "luxmanlover". Thanks for the help! ;)

boputnam
07-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Kelly...

Per my email, the pair of 2123J-B's are en route, via UPS, tomorrow. Unopened JBL boxes (boy was THAT hard! Not even a peek! :( )

So, the only fee I can conceive of, is for you to post some pics of them so we can revel in your project! :D

Best,

luxmanlover
07-07-2003, 08:18 PM
It might be a while, I was toying with the idea of using a 2235 onthe bottom, then a wooden horn with a 24xx CD driver with the 2123J on top in a similair deal to the post below, a lot of mdf dust is in my future.

http://www.magico.net/Speakers/Latest/WALLS.html
Kelly

boputnam
07-07-2003, 08:25 PM
"holy hand grenades, batman..." as a legendary Forum-ite recently said to me...

WOW! :eek:

NASA needs the likes of you! That is some incredible craftsmanship! Tell us more - please?

luxmanlover
07-07-2003, 09:07 PM
I wish I was that talented......that's the inspiration....the result may be somewhat less spectacular, but that's the idea.
Kelly