PDA

View Full Version : Source for Metregon grill cloth?

watchman
11-21-2017, 05:50 PM
I did actually look through the 338 posts for grill cloth and did not find one that covered the Metregon, so here goes.

Anyone know of a source for the original Metregon grill cloth?

My newly delivered Metregon was shipped upside down, and it was nice to see a serial number sticker on the bottom. However, the grill cloth appears to have detached itself from the speakerboards.

thanks,

... watchman

Mr. Widget
11-21-2017, 06:41 PM
Can you take a photo of the cloth you have? That may be helpful.
My guess is that most of us don't know what the original looks like. One of us may know of a good substitute.

Widget

Horn Fanatic
11-23-2017, 09:00 AM
I did actually look through the 338 posts for grill cloth and did not find one that covered the Metregon, so here goes.

Anyone know of a source for the original Metregon grill cloth?

My newly delivered Metregon was shipped upside down, and it was nice to see a serial number sticker on the bottom. However, the grill cloth appears to have detached itself from the speakerboards.

thanks,

... watchman

Greetings -

The closest material I have found to match the Metregon and Minigon black fabric is called Harem cloth. It resembles cheese cloth, but with a much tighter even weave. And more durable. It's off white in color, but I just bomb can it black. Since the grille is behind the slats it's not there for decoration. Harem cloth does not take dye well, so painting it black in stages is the only option to avoid build up. If Harem cloth can be found in black I would use it, but I haven't researched it enough to care. I purchased some recently at around $4 a running yard.

Since you're in California you might try Jo-Ann Fabrics. Sometimes it pays to snoop around fabric stores.

I hope that is of some help.

Regards,

H.F.